Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

JJP Willy Wonka

Koops

Cmon guys enough of this doom and gloom. Enjoy the hobby for what is worth. Ffs we should all be happy and just shut up and appreciate what we still have (for the moment). Or at least that was what was said in my future of the hobby thread. What has changed since the release of wonka. The sky still seems in place..... Doesn't it?

Yeah pinball hugs

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has changed since the release of wonka. The sky still seems in place..... Doesn't it?

The sky is still in place, it’s just the price ceiling just got closer to it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This car talk is simply a deflection tactic to the fact that Mr Koops fkn Nailed It 100% with what he said.

This latest JJP product will depreciate at an accelerated rate just like the previous 4.

It's the same shit over and over, once there is a newer pin to be bought, the old one just gets moved along

Nothing wrong with facts.

I agree with you Smithy.

I have noticed that the previous JJP’s have dropped dramatically.

Woz is a great theme, everything else after that has been dismal especially dialled in as a theme. Hobbit - pirates. Uuuurgh terrible decisions there.

DI Looks like sim city. Terrible graphics on screen.

Willy Wonka is a great theme.

Just can’t see the excitement yet from the videos.

Needs to be played I reckon.

They wont but they need to get a little more hardcore. Crime, guns, $$$, violence... This is what will attract people to play. I respect that they are targeting families and if they can pull it off then all good but I cant see it holding up long term.

So perhaps maybe I am totally wrong and I’m actually in the minority.

Perhaps the market has moved to the point where there won’t be a comparison to the rest of the market? Even if it’s triple/quadruple the price of a nib stern. Crazy times indeed.

Looks like I’ll just be watching this one from the sidelines.

Look at Wayne's figures so far...

I rest my case.

I rest my case.

The more people buy it, the better!

Means there’ll be shitloads on the second hand market for VERY cheap in the not too distant future.

Iron maiden Le we got 34 in total.

Look at that now.

The more people buy it, the better!

Means there’ll be shitloads on the second hand market for VERY cheap in the not too distant future.

Iron maiden Le we got 34 in total.

Look at that now.

If you think most of the NIB guys can continue to take a 3-4k hit on these games you are wrong. I know most need to sell a game to buy a new one, and it won't be too long before they won't be in a position to upgrade.

Time will tell with WONKA though. There were a load of Walking Dead's brought into OZ and try to get one of those for even 1k less that what they cost new.

I rest my case.

Social proof sales tactic?

I’m not saying he’s explicitly doing that but, respectfully, he’s a salesman and that his business is to move these machines.

We had a social marketing campaign at work which got probably 10k+ people to buy a phone (s10+) they didn’t specifically need. People were climbing over each other to get one.

It was a feeding frenzy. And no I didn’t get suckered in.

As a sample of nib buyers here how many actual aa’er’s have already put in an order? Have publically seen 2 admit it.

With the flood of games hitting the market these days I don’t think anyone is expecting to sell their NIB games at anything better than a 10% loss. It’s a very different situation to the days of ACDC BIB, Tron LE etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Nothing wrong with facts.

I agree with you Smithy.

I have noticed that the previous JJP’s have dropped dramatically.

Woz is a great theme, everything else after that has been dismal especially dialled in as a theme. Hobbit - pirates. Uuuurgh terrible decisions there.

DI Looks like sim city. Terrible graphics on screen.

Willy Wonka is a great theme.

Just can’t see the excitement yet from the videos.

Needs to be played I reckon.

Have you actually played POTC? It’s an absolute cracker. Same with Dialed In - brilliant buttery smooth shots, great 90s like rules, and I actually like the disaster theme

With the flood of games hitting the market these days I don’t think anyone is expecting to sell their NIB games at anything better than a 10% loss. It’s a very different situation to the days of ACDC BIB, Tron LE etc.

Would a bib even move now though?

Well I was going to mention the Photoshopped art , but looks like others beat me to it.

People were having meltdown brain aneurysms when Stern did this for a few models, yet now it's accepted , at 20k.

Go figure

I’m guessing that the licensor would only allow a photo-realistic portrayal of their property. Drawing something would have been too risky I reckon.

Have you actually played POTC? It’s an absolute cracker. Same with Dialed In - brilliant buttery smooth shots, great 90s like rules, and I actually like the disaster theme

I have, it's not a "cracker" as you say it is. Even that new vomit version WOZ model looks worse than the original while the original one looks great.

Glad you like these themes but they are not for everyones likings.

- Con

Dialled in yes.

Plays brilliantly. Just the theme kills it for me.

And they Are selling cheaper than NIB prices.

They ain TWD.

So did people buy dialed in thinking the theme would be fine only to have it end up being annoying or was it not deep enough. I thought it was supposed to be one of the best games in years, but that might be more pinside hype as I haven't played it.

Ever since WOZ was first released I was wishing JJP did this title. The scope for the amount of toys they could fit in the game would be massive considering how much they did with WOZ and how this theme can lend to it.

Not that I’m unimpressed with the reveal but I was kind of expecting...well idk...everything that comes with a fanciful chocolate factory. The toys don’t have that wow factor.