Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Koops View Post
    Nothing like that apparently. A quick google
    Finds this :

“THERE'S A REASON WHY THE MOVIE STARS WILLY WONKA.
    Though the book is called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the 1971 movie is named after Willy Wonka. There are two reasons for this: When the NAACP was protesting the Oompa-Loompas, they also demanded that the movie’s title be changed so as not to promote the book among viewers of the movie. The second reason for shifting the main character focus was because the movie was financed by Quaker Oats, who were looking at it as a way of advertising a new line of chocolate bars that they were about to produce. Eventually, they settled on calling the new bar the Wonka Bar, and with that they chose to rename the entire movie after Willy Wonka as a promotional tie-in.”

There is a Charlie and the chocolate factory movie and Jonny Depp is just creepy as hell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Okay cheers. I must have memories of the Roald Dahl book title then. Bloody sweets. You can’t advertise smokes anymore more but you can make a generation chronically ill with Monster drinks and Mountain Dew.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by 1.21 Gigawatts View Post
    Okay cheers. I must have memories of the Roald Dahl book title then. Bloody sweets. You can’t advertise smokes anymore more but you can make a generation chronically ill with Monster drinks and Mountain Dew.
    Saw some “fad” lollies the other week in a shop in healesville (they had wonka bars also! toppers source anyone?).

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by extendo View Post
    @Smithy wanna spend 10k each and buy a Willy CE lol

Might get @Timbo onto it so we can go 3rds in CE

- Con
    Ahh, not gonna be able to do it, but cheers for the offer y'all
    It's a crap theme for mine.
    Need a bit more man stuff and metal in a pin to keep me happy, wonder what stern has for offer, oh yeah Ritchie dressed in black
    Last edited by Smithy; 16th April 2019 at 08:01 PM.

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    920 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by RGR View Post
    You really have to give JJP credit for making the effort to make pinball great again. From a playfield side of things there isn't much more that they could do right. Its a brilliant and ORIGINAL layout however there aint much in the way of new innovative toys or new concepts.

The issue with this game, and most others prior is that they are trying to do too much at once in the code. I think people were a little let down due to the lack of focus of the theme within the game due to too much going on at the same time. This MB stacking I think is the main problem here, like that of POTC as well. There is so much happening that the theme gets pushed aside. Imagine if on Maiden that Mummy, Trooper and Cyborg were all stacked. It just would not be as good.
    I think JJP are trying to play it safe with the actual mechanics of the game. POTC got slammed over the disks and because I don't own a JJP game, maybe maint and servicing on previous releases was difficult??

I don't see many drop targets or major toys that could pose problems pre and post release. There's the rotating disk and gobbsmacker thing, the rest are solenoids that push things, magnets, and a tv screen/camera which are all proven devices.

So I give them credit in trying to make this game bullet proof as far as reliability goes.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)
    Australia

JJP Willy Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by pinball god View Post
    I think JJP are trying to play it safe with the actual mechanics of the game. POTC got slammed over the disks and because I don't own a JJP game, maybe maint and servicing on previous releases was difficult??

I don't see many drop targets or major toys that could pose problems pre and post release. There's the rotating disk and gobbsmacker thing, the rest are solenoids that push things, magnets, and a tv screen/camera which are all proven devices.

So I give them credit in trying to make this game bullet proof as far as reliability goes.
    Haven’t had a long term problem on hobbit. The most drop targets on any machine and coils for days. Apart from the service bulletin fixes I’ve done zero service fixes.

Haven’t had dialed in long enough to tell. Not THAT many things on it to go wrong. Qed guy and the trap door look like the only possible mech issues. Conversely it’s the electronic parts that have the most issues. Drones reportedly fail often (I bought a dozen motors off aliexpress) and phone issues are commonly reported. Touch wood.

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    920 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Koops View Post
    Haven’t had a long term problem on hobbit. The most drop targets on any machine and coils for days. Apart from the service bulletin fixes I’ve done zero service fixes.

Haven’t had dialed in long enough to tell. Not THAT many things on it to go wrong. Qed guy and the trap door look like the only possible mech issues. Conversely it’s the electronic parts that have the most issues. Drones reportedly fail often (I bought a dozen motors off aliexpress) and phone issues are commonly reported. Touch wood.

Yeah like I said I don't know if there was any issues with the previous titles. The lack of drops etc could be simply because Pat didn't factor these into the design. But looking at the game I can't see too much that could go wrong in the future. May be good management by JJP or it could just be coincidence

State
    VICTORIA
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1492 Post(s)
    England
    Quote Originally Posted by pinball god View Post

It’s a shame that they have to produce a game with next to zero toys to make it “bullet proof” hey. We only here about the few games with issues not the thousands that work perfect with zero issues.

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    920 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by GORGAR 1 View Post
    It’s a shame that they have to produce a game with next to zero toys to make it “bullet proof” hey. We only here about the few games with issues not the thousands that work perfect with zero issues.

True

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by GORGAR 1 View Post

Then multiply those ones you hear about and that is what their helpdesk has to deal with. They get swamped with new helpdesk tickets each time a machine comes out.

I think jjp are having growing pains in their support area. I have seen a few complaints in the google group about tickets not being answered. I had a couple of dialed in tickets that never got responded to. Ended up resolving them myself but I did things I wouldn’t expect end users to resolve (drilling new holes, relocating mechs etc).

It’s a non-trivial cost to the businesses. This gets worse with the larger number of products you have to support.
    A more complex machine the larger number of potential tickets.

I haven’t looked at pirates to see what sort of issues people have had but it makes sense that you’d want to build robustness into the design to reduce future support costs.

This is where stern have probably figured this out better. Reduce the potential risk by just not putting them into a machine in the first place.

State
    Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1623 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotto View Post
    I can stand in for Brad Pitt if ever required.
    What's that noise I can here....hang on, I know what it is......it's crickets........

Remember--The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread Information