Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade Video Gaming Quiz - Volume 1

Hi Gamers,

How well do you know the arcade video gaming universe? Are you sure you are a gamer? Then try this quick fun quiz to be sure.

The MGL39 arcade video gaming tournament starts in 7 days and everyone is welcome to play. All levels of gamers are invited.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/98893-MGLXXXIX-Arcadezone-RULES-NOMINATIONS-ARE-OPEN

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Cheers

OOO

Edited by OOO

I got 10 and the last one was a guess! :blink:

Still a very good effort. Some really tough questions were in there. Also the options were structured to be similar for some questions, making it harder to guess the right answer.

:)

- - - Updated - - -

Star Trek doesn’t belong because it’s the only Vector game of the 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

That's a pretty good answer. Take the point on that one, so what was your final score?

- - - Updated - - -

A few tricky ones in there. Pretty sad to admit I got the pac-man ghosts' colour wrong lol

My wife browsed the same question and picked the wrong color. And she is a fan of the ghosts as well.

Final score was 3 missed.

Moon Patrol stage

Centipede designers

MGL champ

Excellent result. There were some tricky questions on knowledge and logic.

How did you go in the quiz? :unsure

1 day to go until the arcade tournament MGLXXXIX begins at Aussie Arcade. There's no entrance fee to compete and you don't have to pay to play the games. It's free.

I hope you enjoyed the quiz.

• 4 weeks later...

A few weeks in and the high score, just like on a video game, is currently 21 out of 24, held by BandontheRun.

If you haven't tried this fun arcade quiz yet, well maybe now's the time. It will challenge what you know and you will learn a few interesting facts about the great arcade video gaming world.

Even if you score below 12 it's OK, it's not an easy quiz ... :D

Edited by OOO

• 4 months later...

I just had a crack, no perfect score from me, got 9 and there were a couple of guesses in there.

Ill show my age by saying I remember Space Invaders being released in '78 when I was in primary school, it was huge and we didn't know what was to come.

• 2 weeks later...
I just had a crack, no perfect score from me, got 9 and there were a couple of guesses in there.

Ill show my age by saying I remember Space Invaders being released in '78 when I was in primary school, it was huge and we didn't know what was to come.

It was very exciting times in 1978. When I first saw and heard Space Invaders, I thought it was incredible. And the awesome titles and times just rolled out for years after that. So the quiz tests all of those years of gaming, as well as current gamers playing the classics.

And 9 is still pretty good! Well done.

http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

Edited by OOO

I was born in 72 so for me, Space Invaders was one of the main games that got an Atari 2600 VCS home. I spent many many late evenings playing Atari VCS Space Invaders and Missile Command. They were excellent ports for the time.

Gee, you may have been playing Space Invaders as early as 6 years of age?

And there are 3 x Space Invaders questions in the quiz!