Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Dashcams

Brad

• Administrators

Hi guys,

I'm looking at getting a dashcam for my car and have absolutely no idea. In my research its hard to find honest reviews that aren't tainted with paid for reviews. I'm looking to spend between $200.00 - $300.00, I know not a lot but this more to dip my toes in the water so to speak. Any input would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Brad

I now have 1 in van , car , & wifes car. Have gator brand ones in my van & car 1080 res , Just ones on special at supercheap. They work fine

I didnt get them with gps , speed recording etc as that shit can be used against you also. I always have sound recording off also

The one I got for the wifes car SUX. Something like this

913052750_dashcamfront.thumb.jpg.64e1aef0edd86eb11f80452a70597ee0.jpg

177789302_dashcam.thumb.jpg.81db6451ae57ac7666cd846e52a76683.jpg

DONT buy one like those . They are too big & cam is on the front of it so it has to be in a suitable spot to "see" properly.

I was involved in an incident not so long ago where some clown in a 4wd was cutting / forcing his through traffic . He came from left lane into middle then on top of me in the right lane took out pass mirror forward. Well when he finally pulled over ( about 2km up the road} He started carrying on that somehow it was my fault. I said "Dont worry mate its all on camera. Im sure whoever looks at that will see someone driving like a F***wit that caused an accident." He immediately changed his tune . Then within 2 hours of it happening he called me with a claim # to give his insurance co.

Credit to GIO. Car was in a smash repairer the next morn & fixed within 1 week.

Edited by kayakkingoz

I recently bought one of these for the wifes car. Its cheap and works well enough.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/254056900444

I have a blackvue camera in my car. In my view one of the best you can get. Yes they are expensive but you dont need to buy new, have a look on ebay and you might pick up an older model for the money you want to spend. That is what I did when I was looking for one.

I bought a Blackvue drs750-2ch about a year ago and am quite happy with it although at ~ $469 its slightly over your $300 budget.

Its discreet, has GPS speed readout, front + rear cams with good quality video, night vision works very well.

I also bought a hard-wiring kit for about $50.