Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sydney Pinball Club - Tues 30th Apr - Tattersalls Penrith

Tuesday 30th April at Tattsalls Penrith

To try something different we're going hold a tournament on a Tues night. The tournament will be on Tues 30th April starting from 6.30pm, however you can play qualifying games up until 8.30pm to give everyone time to get there

There will be a 4 person best of 3 games final starting at 8.30pm. Final will be 1st plays 4th, 2nd plays 3rd & then the 2 winners will compete for 1st & the 2 losers will compete for 3rd

ENTRY FEE: $5. All money goes into a prize pool for the top 3 finalists.

VENUE:

Tattersalls Hotel

Station St & Union Ln,

Penrith NSW 2750

GAMES:

6 games all in nice working order (one of @Pinlinds) Sites

Houdini

JJP Pirates

Medival Madness remake

Dialed In

Mustang

Iron Maiden

FORMAT:

This is a public venue with others also playing the games so other ppl may also be playing the machines

Each player is to play each of the 6 games and have their games recorded by a scorer in Matchplay.

PRIOR TO COMMENCING YOUR COMP GAME YOU MUST TELL A SCORER YOU ARE ABOUT TO PLAY.

Your final game must commence prior to 8.15pm.

The top 4 qualifiers will face each other in a best of 3 game starting at 8:30pm. Q1 faces Q4, and Q2 faces Q3. Highest ranked player picks all 3 (different) games. Their opponent picks playing order.

All normal tournament rules apply.

IFPA endorsed

676877430_currentTattsLineupApr19.jpg.edb9c2add54102e1185db08f0da00260.jpg

no need to pre register

just rock up at 6.30 and register on the night

Thanks @skids

Yep just rock up on the nite and we'll take you through the nite & answer any qu's

If you want more info before just PM me

Top quality pinballs are once again breeding in Penrith and thanks to Lindsay (Astrojoy) for placing them nearby. There also a couple at High St Social so we can almost organise a pub crawl.

Ducked in again today and put some cash through Pirates. I'm only scratching the surface but its a great game for the home player imo.

Observation - had 2 people walk up and play Houdini so obviously its a theme that draws punters. Problem with it is its a bloody hard game to hit any shots. I tried getting two blokes (mid 20s) to stick their money in something else there but no dice, they wanted to play Houdini. They also didn't realise they could play together. Anyway, suffice to say, the first bloke had the shortest game ever and walked off pissed off. The second bloke had a decent game and was happier with it.

Houdini can be very cruel and agree that of all the pins there it would be the last to recommend to the average punter. A few of us where there last night so we better get Lindsay to empty the coin box on pirates.

Houdini is very tough, those ramp & orbit entrances are tight. Shame they didnt try Maiden or Mustang for that longer game to keep their interest. Hopefully they keep going back trying to master Houdini

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Sydney pinheads. Austrojoy Amusements have donated this mini Iron Maiden guitar for our first Tues @Tatts comp on Tues 30th Apr.

Highest Score on IMDN during the comp (excl finals) wins the guitar. Other prizes may also be on offer throughout the nite, just working through what we can get our hands on1407879342_IMDNGuitar.jpg.78c7f465180eb2121d120be214042ee3.jpg

Hope to see you there

Remember tomorrow nite is Tues at the Tatts from 6.30pm.

U can play qualifying games anytime up until 8.15 when your last game of 6 must be started so finals can kick off at 8.30.

We've also got the mini IMDN guitar up for grabs for the highest score on IMDN.

Hope to see you all there

Thanks to all who turned up at the Tatts. It was a fun night with a couple of new faces.

Final results were

1st Justin

2nd Mark

3rd Michelle

Michelle also had the added bonus of getting the highest score on IMDN & took home the mini guitar.

Hope to see everyone at the next Tuesday @ Tatts on the 28th May. Details will be posted soon

JUG

That would be great. @Dedrok said he should be able to make it as he'll nearly be done with the games for the SHPC :lol

I would have been down last night but one of my kids was vomiting so I pulled the pin last minute. Its a great venue and hopefully it can get some traction with the players or even attract new ones.

• Administrators
I would have been down last night but one of my kids was vomiting so I pulled the pin last minute. Its a great venue and hopefully it can get some traction with the players or even attract new ones.

No mate, Dan end Edy are not your kids, they are just there so often that it seems like they are.

Familys gotta come 1st & hopefully that was the 1st of many. See you on the 28th