Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

watch this if you are a millennial

Ando77

I showed my boys this clip this afternoon because I thought the video would do better than coming out of Dad's mouth.

It only took one, "shutup and watch" , before they did and they were transfixed watching it. Both come away with many examples of exactly what was explained on the clip in there life.

Then I explained now that you have seen it you know why your generation acts the way they do. I will say the guy in the clip failed to mention very easy credit as a major issue why millennials are the way they are as well.

Big thanks @Ando77 ! What a great watch.

I put off getting a smartphone for years. I've had mine for about 3 now. But being a gen X didn't get the exposure he was talking about in the video, but still feel the addictive power of these devices. I am concerned for those that did grow up with them and the type of behavior he explains. Serious stuff. Thanks for sharing Ando77.

Watch if you're any age.:o

My brothers 2 year old has a bloody Ipad, I thought it was weird But it turns out most of the kids at daycare have them.

No f'en way my old man would have spent $700 on anything like that for us as a kid let alone at 2 years of age lol.

The part I dont like is the bugger can use that Ipad perfectly as if it came out of womb attached to it, It can open apps, play games, watch kids shows and all that, In his defense he does limit its time his kid is allowed to use it compared to other kids I have seen.

I think allot of parents use these devices just to shut the kid up, its an excuse for lazy parenting IMO, they let the device raise their kid.

My first kid is only 3 weeks old, And when its older It is not getting this shit, Both my partner and I have made the decision of being full old school with our parenting and more hands on over sitting the kid in a corner with an Ipad just to shut it up.

If we arent out spending time with our kids doing meaningful stuff, making our lives so busy working just so we can afford to buy them this expensive shit, I dont really see the point in having kids in the first place.

Also in these kids defense the older gen like to complain about this stuff, However they conveniently forget they are the ones buying these little shits all these devices, not only that are the generation who are the policy makers who allowed these stupid things into the classrooms while wondering why kids are falling behind.

I do also worry about the future with this tech and My daughter, I think about what we did as children compared to what kids do now, And it does some what make me feel bad for them and concerned for the next generation, we have dumbed them down allot and as the video rightly shows we haven't equipped them with the right information on how to do well in life as adults.

Edited by jason1

My brothers 2 year old has a bloody Ipad, I thought it was weird But it turns out most of the kids at daycare have them.

No f'en way my old man would have spent $700 on anything like that for us as a kid let alone at 2 years of age lol.

The part I dont like is the bugger can use that Ipad perfectly as if it came out of womb attached to it, It can open apps, play games, watch kids shows and all that, In his defense he does limit its time his kid is allowed to use it compared to other kids I have seen.

I think allot of parents use these devices just to shut the kid up, its an excuse for lazy parenting IMO, they let the device raise their kid.

My first kid is only 3 weeks old, And when its older It is not getting this shit, Both my partner and I have made the decision of being full old school with our parenting and more hands on over sitting the kid in a corner with an Ipad just to shut it up.

If we arent out spending time with our kids doing meaningful stuff, making our lives so busy working just so we can afford to buy them this expensive shit, I dont really see the point in having kids in the first place.

Also in these kids defense the older gen like to complain about this stuff, However they conveniently forget they are the ones buying these little shits all these devices, not only that are the generation who are the policy makers who allowed these stupid things into the classrooms while wondering why kids are falling behind.

I do also worry about the future with this tech and My daughter, I think about what we did as children compared to what kids do now, And it does some what make me feel bad for them and concerned for the next generation, we have dumbed them down allot and as the video rightly shows we haven't equipped them with the right information on how to do well in life as adults.

It should also be pointed out human hands and fingers are not designed to do the same tasks for hours on end, day after day without resulting in medical problems down the track.

China has a generation of kids crippled in the fingers for life now as a result of working on the assembly lines putting these things together. It is such a big problem, the government is quite concerned.

Not exactly the end user but if problems don't happen with our kids fingers and hands through RSI, we are still bringing them up depending on the brain's need for continuous visual electronic stimulation with will lead to a generation of eye problems.

An interesting read is the damage blue light has on the human eyes.