Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Williams Black Knight Restoration

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe.. I can't help myself. But the playfield is a mess.. I suspect there is going to be a huge wait and cost involved if @Savage can do anything with it. :(

Yep, I have touched base with Savage about my playfield too. I imagine yours will be up and back before I even get mine stripped.

On a serious note, I hope to pick your brain at some point. I have never restored a pin before :)

Yep, I have touched base with Savage about my playfield too. I imagine yours will be up and back before I even get mine stripped.

On a serious note, I hope to pick your brain at some point. I have never restored a pin before :)

I'm not really sure I'm the best person to be asking lol! I'm such an amateur. Luckily these old games there's less complications (hopefully) than the later games, so theoretically easier to troubleshoot.

So far it's just a matter of label everything.. bag and tag assemblies where you can... and just take photo after photo as you disassemble anything. Even then I can see myself running into problems when I go to reassemble everything again.. I have a shocking memory.

Replacement caps arrived today for the power supply.

Passed on the backbox to a local cabinet maker to get a new one made up.

Got in touch with Scott from Savage Restorations. Aiming to send him the playfields in the next few weeks. Cost to do a full playfield restore looking at over a grand.

66c4421d5cb6231fc9e3d7acc475035d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full stripped main playfield top and bottom. Just got to do the upper playfield and then pack them for restoration. I’m starting to have my doubts about this whole project

Hehe.. I can't help myself. But the playfield is a mess.. I suspect there is going to be a huge wait and cost involved if @Savage can do anything with it. :(

im a big fan of restoring originals also, i imagine costs would be about the same for restore vs new ? Are new playfields available for BK ?

Thanks for the encouragement, I’m going to need it to finish this project

Replacement pop bumper cap arrived today. Not too many more parts that I will need. New flipper bats and not much else.

9ce7d71b2cf104705aa8bc1bcc35e305.jpg

Williams Black Knight Restoration

im a big fan of restoring originals also, i imagine costs would be about the same for restore vs new ? Are new playfields available for BK ?

I don’t think there are any repros being produced currently. I think CPR did a run years ago? I vaguely remember reading some threads on pinside about it

I don’t think there are any repros being produced currently. I think CPR did a run years ago? I vaguely remember reading some threads on pinside about it

Theres a post on here from mid last year saying cpr are going to upgrade access to their old back catalogue ?

Hi Chris, I'm impressed you are taking on such a big project, the results will well be worth it.

I've got a lifetime supply of 1/4 in cabinet braid if you would like some fresh braid for you cabinet for free.

Also can lend you an ultrasonic cleaner and a tumbler for a couple of months if you like to.

Cheers and keep up the good work :D

- - - Updated - - -

Just looking at the CPR site they have a reproduction BK backglass! Going to cost a fortune to get it shipped over but wow, I seriously need that

Nino at RTBB often imports bulk CPR stuff, give him a holla as he may be able to help with getting the BG cheaper than you think.

Hi Chris, I'm impressed you are taking on such a big project, the results will well be worth it.

I've got a lifetime supply of 1/4 in cabinet braid if you would like some fresh braid for you cabinet for free.

Also can lend you an ultrasonic cleaner and a tumbler for a couple of months if you like to.

Cheers and keep up the good work :D

Omg that would be amazing mate thank you. I was just thinking about the braid as I pretty much wrecked it removing it from the cabinet. I may have to source a bit of thinner braid too for the playfield GI where they used that. Then buy some kind of heavy duty stapler!

The thing that concerns me the most with this is putting it back together and making sure the cabinet is correctly earthed and also the playfield assemblies and GI lamps all go back correctly. I've taken photos galore but it's never going to be enough!

- - - Updated - - -

Nino at RTBB often imports bulk CPR stuff, give him a holla as he may be able to help with getting the BG cheaper than you think.

You read my mind :) Chatting with him now.