Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Williams Black Knight Restoration

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
CPR has a section somewhere as to how they deal with them. I pull the old ones out, clean them up, straighten the flare at the top a bit and insert them into the new plastic. If you are brave, stick your soldering iron into them and they will go in/out much easier! Would be nice if someone made repros, but I have not seen any.

I did it a different way

I used a heat gun with a small enough nozzle to fit inside the steel post, heated the post up until it was to hot for the plastic to no longer hold it and the post comes out easily.

On the new plastic I drilled the holes bigger in the plastic, to a size slightly smaller than the flared post. This allowed me to push/pop the post in without heat. Yes the posts are looser than original, and the can easily spin around in the new plastic but they don’t fall out and they don’t move when you screw them down.

Edited by skids

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks :) Yeah it's slow going but I don't have a workshop so I'm packing up after each small rebuild session :(

It's a 3 piece cliffy set. You also get the multiball hole and trough eject protectors. I bought them from RTBB from memory.

• 1 year later...
Can anyone help identifying the fuses for these 2 locations. The large fuse holder is in the backbox and the other is a single fuse under the playfield

9d1c3610e290ca54c9a52cd1baf2c081.jpg

30917daa7c1a96b9d793e606772de473.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you may already know this by now, but the fuse holder with the 4 yellow wires on top and 1 below, the G.I. should be a 20A fast blow and the one under the playfield, which there should be 2 of, 1 for each magnet is a 10A fast blow. The 2 with grey wires should be 4A slow blow, for the logic.

1329022459_BKFuse.thumb.JPG.fd363b00153231f8095c518c65eebca4.JPG

how's your resto coming along?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...