Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Steering wheels and pedals

Looking for something that will work with Pole Position - anyone have suggestions, or has anyone tried a G27?

Also keen for a free spinning wheel solution - full sized wheel, not what Ultimarc sells, to play games like the Sprint series.

• Administrators

I retofitted an old PS1 steering wheel and and used the same sets pedal pots and wired them into the existing pedals on the cab. Worked very well for 270 deg games. I don't know of any 360 degree solution other than actual pole position wheel, coupled with either ultimarcs solution OR there have been a number of solutions using an old customised ball mouse interface instead.

Brad

I'm not saying this solution is for everyone but I had two Viper car cabs I put Xboxes in to play car games. I got hold of a console steering wheel and pedal set to suit the Xbox, ripped them apart and measured the potenciometers they used and got the same value pots, fitting them in arcade pedal assemblies and steering wheel assemblies. The arcades pots were originally 5K and the Xbox set were 50k pots. I put the new 50K pots in the arcade assemblies and wired them to the board that was inside the console steering assembly and then it was just plug and play into the Xbox console.

They worked perfectly but had the durability of the arcade parts.

• Administrators
I'm not saying this solution is for everyone but I had two Viper car cabs I put Xboxes in to play car games. I got hold of a console steering wheel and pedal set to suit the Xbox, ripped them apart and measured the potenciometers they used and got the same value pots, fitting them in arcade pedal assemblies and steering wheel assemblies. The arcades pots were originally 5K and the Xbox set were 50k pots. I put the new 50K pots in the arcade assemblies and wired them to the board that was inside the console steering assembly and then it was just plug and play into the Xbox console.

They worked perfectly but had the durability of the arcade parts.

Exactly what I did with my pedals.

Brad