Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

A Great WPPRTUNITY - 3 tournaments in 1 day

A great Wpprtunity 2018

GET TICKETS HERE - https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=447623

Ok, the big event is on. This is 3 tournaments in 1 day at my place. IFPA approval submitted.

If you are thinking of coming from interstate, there is a XMAS party the day before at @Hashman house.

Might be a good idea to fly down on Saturday morning, and leave late late Sunday night or Monday morning. 3 Tournaments and a massive XMAS party. Ooo wee!

Date: Sunday, 16th of December.

You don't need to come to all, you can come to 2, or 1, or how many you can. They are seperate events just run on the same day.

Events:

- No Ball Save

- No Extra balls

- $12.5 Entry per event

- 50% minimum payout on each event goes to top 4. 1st 40%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%, 4th 10%.

Event 1: Classics - 9am to 1pm

Event 2: Swiss Match Play - 1.30pm to 6pm

Event 3: Fair Strikes - 6.30pm~11pm

Each event is currently limited to 40 people, but there is a chance I can expand if it sells out.

More details on each event

Event 1.

Classics. 9am to 1pm

$12.5. BUY TICKETS HERE - https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=447623

Qualifying. Each player gets to play about 7 games (Subject to Change). Qualifying from 9am to 11am.

Games at the moment (subject to change - I will be reaching out to some people)

- Stars: Stern Electronics

- Sea Witch: Stern Electronics

- Meteor: Stern Electronics

- QuickSilver: Stern Electronics

- Magic: Stern Electronics

- Paragon: Bally

11am Finals start for top 16.

Finals round 1: 16 players. 4 games played. Top 2 go to next round.

Finals Round 2: 8 players. 4 games played. Top 2 go to next round.

Finals round 3: 4 players. 4 games players. Final positions are the final standings of the event

People not in finals can go for lunch or play machines in the other room as all of these games will be in garage.

Estimated TGP : 96%+

----------------------------------

Event 2

Main Matchplay 1.30pm to 6pm.

$12.5 - BUY TICKETS HERE - https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=447623

10 rounds of matchplay. Swiss pairings.

5 x 2 rounds.

Each round will have 1 x modern game and 1 x classic.

Top 4 after 10 round will go through to 3 round final.

People can have dinner while final 4 are playing finals.

Machines (subject to change):

Stern:

- Metallica LE

- The Walking dead Premium

- AC/DC Premium

- Star Trek LE

- Tron LE

Bally/Willams

-Demolition Man

-Twilight Zone

-Attack from Mars

-The Shadow

-Dr Who

Estimated TGP : 100%

----------------------------------

Event 3

Fair Strikes knock out. 6.30pm till 11pm

$12.5 - BUY TICKETS HERE - https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=447623

The machines used will be Moderns and some classics too. Depends on which machines hold up the best on the day!

Fair strike 0-1-1-2 format. 0-1-2 for 3 player, and 0-2 for 2 player.

Grouped 4 player matchplay.

People that get knocked out early can go home early or hang around.

Each player gets 7 or 8 strikes depending on attendance.

Estimated TGP : 80%+ Its hard to tell with strikes!

--------------------

Edited by Ryza

With the booking link.

If you want to go to multiple events.

Choose the event, add to cart, then go back, and repeat the process for the other event.

For some reason it won't let you add all events on the same page at the same time.

If you don't have a credit card and want to pay via bank deposit there is no issues there. Just message me.

Just did the online booking system to keep it nice and clean.

If you are 50/50 and not sure if you can make it on the day just post here, and I will message you once its almost sold out

Hey Ryan,

Can I go on the lists for all comps please.

To pay on the day or via manual bank deposit.

Cheers,

G

Hey mate, Ill message you now.

I prefer bank deposit then on the day, it will just be easier know how many people are coming so I can set up the room with machines, backup machines, payouts, etc based on the numbers.

New machine added to classics. PARAGON

Picked up ANOTHER quicksilver yesterday

So that will be in classics for sure. If I can get the other quicksilver up to speed both will be in.

Iron man VE will replace Star Trek LE in the main comp if it arrives on time as well which shouldn't be a problem.

Medals for first places have been ordered.

I think I'm going to change the classics to 4 hours of Swiss matchplay instead.

Some people have mentioned that they didn't want to come early and then wait for 2 hours of they didn't make finals. Plus it also means we have to log scores. Get score keepers and would be on a very tight schedule that could through off the entire day.

With 7 classics machines and possibly more it shouldn't be an issue as some games like stars and paragon play so fast that 2 x 4 players games would be done in the same time as some of the others. Plus more games for everyone!

All events are filling up. I just check my mail and all of these bookings came in JUST yesterday.

468168f3c18d73736a808d8df3f37e34.jpg

Medals for first places have been ordered.

I think I'm going to change the classics to 4 hours of Swiss matchplay instead.

I love playing Swiss, Ryza, it is very tough on the better players and casual players are put with people of their standard. The problem is that the the bottom groups are always waiting for the top group to finish, and if you are pressed for time Swiss is not a good format for this reason.

I love playing Swiss, Ryza, it is very tough on the better players and casual players are put with people of their standard. The problem is that the the bottom groups are always waiting for the top group to finish, and if you are pressed for time Swiss is not a good format for this reason.
Thanks man. No other format will be quicker I think. I got 4....4.5 hours Max to play 13 rounds.

I've done 12 rounds in 4.5 hours on sterns and bally Williams with ball save and multiball...set up pretty hard. Swiss matchplay

So I think it should be fine on classics. The paragon that will be there just eats people alive. It is amazing with the playfield protecter.

Check out the scores here and how many games where played on it compared to others in this comp

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1upCxB4uCv8i1sJHMSRfIVNJZxJa0w4NE_EIuJoGtAtU/edit#gid=0

You should come across!

Thanks man. No other format will be quicker I think. I got 4....4.5 hours Max to play 13 rounds.

I've done 12 rounds in 4.5 hours on sterns and bally Williams with ball save and multiball...set up pretty hard. Swiss matchplay

So I think it should be fine on classics. The paragon that will be there just eats people alive. It is amazing with the playfield protecter.

Check out the scores here and how many games where played on it compared to others in this comp

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1upCxB4uCv8i1sJHMSRfIVNJZxJa0w4NE_EIuJoGtAtU/edit#gid=0

You should come across!

Any video of that Paragon?

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Due to the success of Flip frenzy on Tuesday this week. Event 3 has changed!

Event 3: FLIP FRENZY! + Fair Strikes 6.30pm~11pm

Flip Frenzy for 2.5 hours on all available machines.

After 2.5 hours the top 8 will go on to play FAIR STRIKES FINALS

The top 2 players will start with 0 Strikes.

Players 3 and 4 will start with 1 Strike

Players 5 and 6 will start with 2 Strikes

Players 7 and 8 will start with 3 Strikes.

Each player will get 5 to 6 strikes depending on time limits which will be decided before the start of the tournament.

No JJP POTC unfortunately. They don't have a production game ready, just the old prototype as the shipment that just landed needs some hardware changes done and we aren't jumping the queue before everyone else that has had it ordered for a year :)

They where wired together on the same pin. So bassically it thinks you are using the triggers and flippers on every press.

Both switchs activate.

So you get double combos regardless of what you use.

I never cared too much but finally fixed it. Just soldered then to their seperate pins.

• 2 weeks later...
...thanks to everyone that came!

Thanks a bundle for having us all!

What I really liked about this format is that I got to play pins for twelve hours straight (and that a bunch of them were my favourite era of Stern!).

Added bonus was whenever I walked outside the games' rooms, there was grass and trees (unkempt flora, but hey :cool:).

Pissed myself laughing how all the Melbourne locals bolted for cover when it rained decent for a couple of minutes. We had a minor hailstorm up here the other day, and the kids couldn't be kept out of the fray!

There's not many venues in Australia that could handle this format as a regular monthly get together (let alone Wives!), however I reckon it's a cracker with it's flexibility. Rock up anytime within a twelve hour period, and there's a place for you.

@chopchop, @Brk_oth ?

Cheers,

G

Agree G - great day. Don't know the "venue" could ever handle that again though (terrible thing to call a wife)!

Emily is stall crying herself to sleep after the tie for 4th.......:cool:

Thanks again Ryan and family and everyone that turned up.