Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Kortek chassis which model

extendo

Question

Hey,

Got myself a V sync issue and some color issues on the left hand side of my monitor and am hoping to find out the model of my chassis so that I can fault find the issue.

Adjusting the POTS ( front of the cab ) seem to make it better however they are very sensitive and touching them freaks the monitor out, I have re flowed the POTS board which seemed to have helped a little however wanting to fix it properly. I am assuming the POTs themselves need replacing.

Anyways, pics below to help identify the chassis if possible.

Any tips would be awesome.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ambm7bfpeji7pjn/AAAeusv85aloaBvB7Dn3cyCSa?dl=0

- Con

4 answers to this question

colour issue can probably be fixed with degause of tube as with the bowing on left hand side try horizontal sync, size and position pots if it doesn't change with adjustment then chassis will probably require service

colour issue can probably be fixed with degause of tube as with the bowing on left hand side try horizontal sync, size and position pots if it doesn't change with adjustment then chassis will probably require service
I have tried to degause the monitor with little effect, adgusting the POTs the curvature and discoloured screen remains.

- Con

Firstly we don't use Vertical Sync, if you have anything connected to the V-Sync pins on the chassis you have found your problem.

The only Sync connection used on that chassis is H-Comp -Sync , there should be only one sync wire coming from our Jamma harness connected to this pin , any other should be removed / disconnected.

The Pin Cushion can be adjusted , there is a pot on the little daughter board standing upright , just to the right of where the extended control plug in.

The discoloration looks very much like the yoke has been off and not put back on properly or someone has been messing with the convergence rings , that part is a can of worms that no one can explain in text so best look up youtube for setting up a CRT convergence.