Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Introducing mrWol64 - more or less

Hi there,

So, I'm a 50+ person who used to play an EM pinball (name???) at a chip shop in Auckland when young, and a game was 5cents.

Many years later I decided to try pinball again,.. bought a Pinbot (I refer to it now as Pin #0),.. boy was I a noob on that purchase!! Rather old and tired, and I paid to much,.. but I got hooked on the pin.. and my wife loved it,.. and got hooked as well. Annoyingly she is better at pinball than I am,.. like Golf I am in the hobby for fun, and not for competition.

So, she decides that if we are going to get pin #2 ,. we have to get a Bride of Pinbot. I tracked one down,.. and it turned out the guy also had a Pinbot he was trying to sell as well. It was in immensely better condition that ours,.. so we bought them both, and got them shipped to BrisVegas. They both worked straight off the pallet,.. so I was lucky,. and I learnt how to mod, install leds, and fix many of the pinball 101 items that show up. I can now do basic riveting and soldering,.. prior to that I never even owned the gear to do it.

Went to the presentation on TAG , at Pinball Warehouse,.. decided to take a punt as we were looking for Pin #3 .. that story is yet to complete,.. but has been a learning experience on conduct of people on forums. I also learnt that there are lot of people across this little blue dot, that genuinely care and help others daily. Lifting that playfield and trying to fix even small issues can be daunting until some unknown person walks you through it, with pictures .

Anyhow,.. while waiting on the TAG, pin #3 turned in to a NIB AFMR LE.... after playing the SE at Pincadia. Big lesson #2 learnt was,.. listen, but don't make decisions on a pin based on someone else’s opinion on a pin,.. play it and form your own. This purchase has been another big winner. expensive, but well worth it.

My wife and I did a trip to TPF 2018. Barry Oursler signed my Pinbot manual, and we had a good chat. That was an immense experience, and we want to repeat it. We also did a side trip to the Pinball museum in Las Vegas.

We really enjoy the hobby, and try to get out to Pincadia, Netherworld or Pinball Haus at least once a month or more. I'm not in to competitions, .. just like to plunge and play. Pinbot smashes me more often than not,.. and then it gives grace and I smash a 5mill+... thats the payoff. I've done the billion on BOP twice, but yet to RTU on AFMR.

Eventually we want to be a 5 pin family. My 2 1/2 year old grand daughter just loves to play our games,.. I look forward to when she beats me.

I am attaching some pics of my set up, and the some of TPF 2018,... sorry if they are sideways...

IMG_0515.thumb.jpg.2da14e591ea9dd041a4040c0c5a67a49.jpgIMG_0516.thumb.jpg.fe3399badfa95c3dd1d1b715bfa5ecc9.jpgIMG_0517.thumb.jpg.5e9b15ced6f0b3ebe702245b580e9fda.jpgDSC00189.thumb.jpg.85b9bd9914d38d08b9157b74d5ba6de3.jpgDSC00311.thumb.jpg.6ed3c4089f875faed06e079b55c1f5d8.jpgDSC00405.thumb.jpg.848e77407b54aa5b1a5fb3dd15d32553.jpgDSC00368.thumb.jpg.013cc785b447c6df64facad3db30b1a0.jpg

no clue.. but the main thing I recall was that <<pop>> when a free game was earned on a match at end of game,.. I was young (it was the 1970's), and 5 cents was 20% of my pocket money.. one order of fish and chips took around 3 - 4 games to be cooked... so most of my pocket money went on a visit to the chip shop

- - - Updated - - -

probably gonna miss this Sunday after all (buggah),.. but anytime there's a Pinbot shirt guy getting hammered by his missus on Medieval Madness,.. watch and laugh coz it's sure to be me