Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Upgrading/Fixing Cabinet

henryk1984

Question

Hello everyone. I'm looking for some help with fixing or upgrading my friends cabinet. I'll try to explain problem with my layman terms. His cabinet died and from what i could find it seems that hdd burned up. Quick solution would be to find some old IDE drive, download roms and install some software but I'm not sure about legal issues with the last two steps. So my idea was to buy new central unit, like Pandora's Box. Step by step I identified all plugs and they look compatible except for audio. Pandora's Box uses jack and speakers of cabinet in question are connected directly into the motherboard(for the love of god I could not find name of those plugs). So my question is if it is possible to find central unit that still uses this kind of connection(and if yes, what should i look for) or if it is easier to rewire speakers to jack? Or does anyone can suggest some alternative solution?

Thanks in advance for any anwser. If a similar problem was already resolved in a differend thread can someone provide link? I couldnt find any.

I'm the guy not responding.

Sorry, but I haven't been getting any of the posts from AA.

I've only just now started getting notifications.

If you were in Australia, I'd happily send you a replacement drive for the cost of postage only.

I wouldn't feel happy about sending a mechanical drive overseas.

The drives in these boards are unreliable at the best of times. I always replace any I do with Ide Ssd, but they can get quite expensive.

Vadership helped me with clarifying what excatly do I need. But guy he told me to contact is not responding. I started looking for someone in UK, or generaly closer to europe, that also can help me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

I'm the guy not responding.

Sorry, but I haven't been getting any of the posts from AA.

I've only just now started getting notifications.

If you were in Australia, I'd happily send you a replacement drive for the cost of postage only.

I wouldn't feel happy about sending a mechanical drive overseas.

The drives in these boards are unreliable at the best of times. I always replace any I do with Ide Ssd, but they can get quite expensive.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Sure, no problem. Thanks for help anyway. And btw, are images of such drive available online?

A friend of mine also has a one of these Games Family machines with what I have definitely identified as a dead hard drive...I have tried to get in contact with Vadership both on here and email, but no response..a replacement HDD would obviously be ideal, but if we have to buy the complete kit (if that is an option, we will do that too)

Would we have to replace all the Jamma hardware as well? or can we just replace the mobo etc?

Cheers