Looks like the NZ LEs land June 19

State
    Berwick, Victoria
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    579 Post(s)
    Arrived
    Last edited by Jesder; 18th June 2019 at 03:32 PM.
    Eschew the standard. Turn the paradigm upside down.

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)
    Nice one Enjoy!!!

State
    narre warren north vic
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    135 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesder View Post
    doubble like

State
    Berwick, Victoria
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    579 Post(s)
    So the plan yesterday had been to be at home for the arrival of my Black Knight. The delivery company were instructed to call me before delivery, and since I'm only a 10 - 15 minute drive away, racing home would be no problem. As a back up, my wife would be home all day anyway.

The tracking showed the machine was with the driver for delivery at 8:50am, so I was thinking it would probably be arriving around 12 - 2pm. It got to 11:30 and no phone call. A few minutes later, my wife messaged me to say it sounded like a truck out front.

So the delivery was taking place, with no phone call. I couldn't be there Thankfully she's awesome and took a few photos of the machine being unloaded and sent them to me as the delivery unfolded

I was very excited to walk in the door yesterday afternoon My first new Stern. First NIB. It's a day I had been looking forward to for awhile.

Now the unboxing could take place. I had planned to have @Dirty daz on hand to help, but I couldn't wait. I was far too excited in the moment of my first NIB to wait. Stern have a great video up on YouTube that walks you through safely unboxing and setting up a new machine, so I felt confident in getting it done safely myself.

Despite the excitement, I had fears of not enjoying the machine. It's a lot of money to drop on something I had never played. Those fears were swept away quickly though after a few games.

Initially I had the level of the game set up per the instructions, but it felt too floaty and not fast enough. @Dirty daz dropped by later in the evening, looked at the rear legs (before anything else) - his expression was priceless. It looked like I had failed the pinball community. The rear leg levelers were raised and the floaty feeling removed. The game was now playing at an optimum level.

I'm loving the game. Absolutely loving it. It's fast. Has good flow. Can be punishing but rewarding. I've managed to get a few nice saves with the magna save, but I'm still not quick enough with it. Having to move my hand from the flipper button to the middle button requires more anticipation and at the moment, I forget about it often. Having a second button below the flipper button (like BK2K) would make more sense and is perhaps a shame they didn't go with that. I love the Black Knight toy - the way the shield and flail work, changing with the game play is done well. I do wonder how the shield will hold up over time as it will take a beating over time. It's exciting learning the rules and finding ways to increase points during the modes. I love the animations on screen and the call outs. I don't notice the shaker motor much during play - not sure if that's because I'm focused on the game, or there is more work for them to do in terms of increasing it's usage during the modes. I'll need to observe that more.

Another fear I had was - would I regret going the pro model instead of a premium or LE. It's probably unfair to answer given I've not played either of those. But the price jump of $2650 to get a drop target (left most lane) and mini playfield (that has a ball lock and flipper) isn't something I can justify. Add an extra $1400 and I can get a whole other game in to my line up and not just a mini playfield. I have no ties to the original black knight games, so for me it's not missing and more a case of something that's added on the next level up. The playfield flow on the Pro model is excellent - so I have no issues with it not being there.

There's more I can write about the game, but for now i'll just reiterate that I'm very (VERY) happy with my purchase.

I purchased this direct from AMD (instead of going with Zax locally) and the experience was very positive. Bruce was excellent to deal with over the phone and i'll have no hesitation in buying through them again.

Something else I had been worried about was the fact I sold 2 games to fund this purchase - would I regret that? The answer is no. Black Knight Sword of Rage has a spark in it the other games didn't. This is the sort of game I want in my line up. It's going to get a lot of play and there's plenty of enjoyment to be had. I'm counting down the minutes until I get home tonight to play it more
    Last edited by Jesder; 18th June 2019 at 01:25 PM.

State
    Sunny Gold Coast
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quoted
    716 Post(s)
    http://www.enteryourinitials.com/ima...unboxing_1.jpg

Hope the wife got a hug too!

Congrats! Great game, fast & furious action.

State
    Berwick, Victoria
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Quoted
    579 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Replay View Post
    Hope the wife got a hug too!

Congrats! Great game, fast & furious action.
    Absolutely! She's not really in to pinball, but has been awesome and very supportive of my excitement about the new game coming

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1052 Post(s)
    Awesome post Andrew! First new pin day is amazing.

Thanks for sharing your clear excitement mate, and I am sure you will love it.

State
    Carrum Downs Vic
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)
    Congratulations mate nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Budgie

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread Information