Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Black Knight Sword of Rage

micky

Nice one @Jesder, the whole NIB experience when its the first one you have ever had in life is terrific. Billions on the planet would not understand the feeling us Pinheads get with a NIB Unboxing.....be hey, stuff them ! They don't know what they are missing, Enjoy your Night with your Knight :D

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I mentioned earlier about wondering how long before shield issues might kick in. For me it was around game #70 . Thankfully, it was an easy fix.

I noticed mid game the shield was sitting on an angle.

http://www.enteryourinitials.com/images/blackknight/blackknight_shield_broken_1.jpg

On closer inspection, there are two screws that attach the shield to the knight assembly. The top screw was missing. I also noticed a lock nut missing from a post in the same area.

http://www.enteryourinitials.com/images/blackknight/blackknight_shield_broken_2.jpg

The area is protected with a multi layer clear plastic setup, which can be removed via 2 screws.

http://www.enteryourinitials.com/images/blackknight/blackknight_shield_broken_3.jpg

Thankfully the missing screw was in the machine and located close to the shield.

http://www.enteryourinitials.com/images/blackknight/blackknight_shield_broken_4.jpg

The screw was installed again and the other tightened up. I also replaced the missing lock nut. Thought I'd post it up for others as it might be worth checking the state of the screws :023:

A quick question for you Stern veterans - I was looking at the feature audits in the service menu and noticed that all of them are currently sitting at 0. So the audits that show how many times a mode has been activated, or completed, scores set in rangers, drains, tilts, etc are all at 0. My game is set to free play, but I'd be expecting those audits to still tally up as games are played. Is there something I need to configure for these audits to start working? Or are the audits only tracked on paid games?

Maybe try utility’s then audits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a look through the utilities menu, but couldn't really spot anything that looked like it enable the audits.

I did see there was an installs sub menu that has various preset configs to install. I'm wondering if "Novelty" or "Home Play" modes would disable the audits?

So Stern have rejigged the premiums and the Le's with a new "physical game enhancement".

I wonder if lack of sales and/or complaints about a pretty mild upper playfield has made that happen.

"Stern Pinball will be revealing new Black Knight code and a new physical game enhancement only for the Premium and Limited Edition models this Monday, June 24th.

This exciting code update contains a new RANSOM WIZARD MODE, featuring sounds, speech and display effects from Black Knight 2000!

In addition, there is a new LAST CHANCE feature, allowing players to continue the action of their gaming experience with an enhanced SUPER CATAPULT MULTIBALL!

This code is exclusively for the Premium and Limited Edition models. New Pro code is coming soon.

In addition to this code update, Stern will reveal a new physical game enhancement that will extend the upper playfield gameplay experience. "

I made a couple of small upgrades for the coin door this weekend. First up is replacing the generic coin return button insert. A new Black Knight insert was made up and installed.

http://www.enteryourinitials.com/images/blackknight/blackknight_coindoor_insert.jpg

There's an empty rectangle along the coin door that is begging for a decal of some kind. I made up a few variations to try.

http://www.enteryourinitials.com/images/blackknight/blackknight_coindoor_decal.jpg

These were printed out on to peel and stick gloss paper and then covered in clear contact. The corners were trimmed round and then installed.

The new decal and coin inserts add a nice little presentation lift to the front of the machine.

http://www.enteryourinitials.com/images/blackknight/blackknight_coindoor_upgraded.jpg

So Stern have rejigged the premiums and the Le's with a new "physical game enhancement".

I wonder if lack of sales and/or complaints about a pretty mild upper playfield has made that happen.

"Stern Pinball will be revealing new Black Knight code and a new physical game enhancement only for the Premium and Limited Edition models this Monday, June 24th.

This exciting code update contains a new RANSOM WIZARD MODE, featuring sounds, speech and display effects from Black Knight 2000!

In addition, there is a new LAST CHANCE feature, allowing players to continue the action of their gaming experience with an enhanced SUPER CATAPULT MULTIBALL!

This code is exclusively for the Premium and Limited Edition models. New Pro code is coming soon.

In addition to this code update, Stern will reveal a new physical game enhancement that will extend the upper playfield gameplay experience. "

Maybe Stern are putting back in what was meant to be there in the first place? Slow sales are forcing them to make changes for the better. I like it.

Not sure Stern will be able to save face on this title by adding this stuff that should have been in there originally. Tight asses.

So want to love this game, as for me the theme rocks but mannnn that layout kills it.

Only 5 main shots(left to VUK, 2 orbits, flail and shield) ain't enough and is the reason I sold GOT after about 3 days. Mehhhhh.

Excuse me while I hibernate till late October.

Yeah its an awesome theme and I love the animations but i still own a GOTLE (me and ray love it) so I pulled out of my BKSORLE. Will be good to see how it ends up though. So many games that are raved about early end up disappointing for me and vice versa. Everyone hated walking dead at release and now its one of the best.

A few of sr games are around the 5 shot for layouts... it's nothing strange with him... he does seem to have the knack of making it feel like there is more.

There is a dude in Germany I think it was that does a bunch of coin door decals specifically for newer sterns... I got one for luci back in the day as a replacement for the stock sticker for acdc.... before Stern went full scrooge.

Everyone hated walking dead at release and now its one of the best.

I’ll disagree with you on that statement Hashie. I thought twd was good out of the box. I enjoyed initial code although I didn’t play it too much only a few games at the release and then not again until I bought mine (I think it was just after the big code drop) but I liked the layout and what was initially there for me to sit back and pounce on one when @Dedrok let me know one was available

A quick question for you Stern veterans - I was looking at the feature audits in the service menu and noticed that all of them are currently sitting at 0. So the audits that show how many times a mode has been activated, or completed, scores set in rangers, drains, tilts, etc are all at 0. My game is set to free play, but I'd be expecting those audits to still tally up as games are played. Is there something I need to configure for these audits to start working? Or are the audits only tracked on paid games?

Will have to wait for code

Audits are always sketchy with early code on new Sterns

Appreciate the great updates with your game

Awesome man !

I contacted AMD about it a few days ago and they were thinking it's due to incomplete code. Regardless, they contacted Stern and then Stern requested for me to perform an audit dump and send the file along. Not sure if i'll hear anything back, but we'll see.

Will have to wait for code

Audits are always sketchy with early code on new Sterns

I went in to the audit again tonight and noticed they are now actively tracking during play. This has only kicked in to action since I ran the audit dump to USB last night. Not sure why that would be, but the audits now seem to be tracking as a result of that. I sent a message off to AMD to let them know.

Gave it a crack for the first time last night:

I enjoyed playing it

Sounds great

Code was mehhh

LCD was good

not enough shots in the game

Seems like it had alot of wasted space

BK toy was cool

you could make any shot from either flipper including backhanding the right loop.....

Bonus X was a waste of time, as were the jets

Feed from the jets was annoying as hell

Considering that its similar to GOT, its a better game imo.

Very simple game at this point

Nice looking Pro, seriously considering going for a drive and checking it out.

Is it $1 per game and $2 for 3 plays ?

Nice looking Pro, seriously considering going for a drive and checking it out.

Is it $1 per game and $2 for 3 plays ?

For the launch party today - its on FREE PLAY!!

$20 entry into the museum gives you unlimited play on every single pinball for the entire day until 9pm!

A couple have just told me they've just left Adelaide, so you wont be far behind them!

Gave it a crack for the first time last night:

....you could make any shot from either flipper including backhanding the right loop.....

Does that include the drop target's? These looked physically impossible to hit from the right flipper from the images, so keen to know.

Does that include the drop target's? These looked physically impossible to hit from the right flipper from the images, so keen to know.

yeah just not from a stand still like the loops