Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Any love for the Nintendo Wii U?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    State
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,538
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)

    Any love for the Nintendo Wii U?

    My last main new console purchase was a Wii way back when. However my sister happened to buy a Wii U for her kids at Christmas and so after playing theirs got hooked. So in January I bought a Wii U with a bunch of games off Gumtree and now have been able to get most of the main titles on the system - and for cheap. Picked up a bunch from EBGames 3 for $18 and 4 for $20 and some from Gumtree.

    I have to say it is a great little system. So far I've played through Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario U and Yoshis Woolly World. All are terrific games. Yes they are all aimed at young kids, but the gameplay is still great even for a big kid like me!

    So anyone else enjoy the Wii U? Any other good game Recomendations? I need to try Zelda Breath of the Wild next.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    State
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,963
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1448 Post(s)
    Beath of the Wild is amazing. Other games worth playing are Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    State
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,285
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    316 Post(s)
    Funny that!

    I just got mine out yesterday from being packed away for so damn long and playing Zelda Twilight Princess HD.

    Loving it again.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    State
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,538
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by namastepat View Post
    Beath of the Wild is amazing. Other games worth playing are Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
    I started Donkey Kong Tropical freeze the other week, but the difficulty seemed to ramp pretty high pretty fast! Had to switch back to Yoshis Woolly World to relax. Will have to go back to it when I have more patience. I have Xenoblade but know nothing about it so will look into that one sometime soon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    State
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,963
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1448 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuzza View Post
    I started Donkey Kong Tropical freeze the other week, but the difficulty seemed to ramp pretty high pretty fast! Had to switch back to Yoshis Woolly World to relax. Will have to go back to it when I have more patience. I have Xenoblade but know nothing about it so will look into that one sometime soon.
    When you hit around world 6 in DK: Tropical Freeze, the difficulty becomes insane. Really tough as nails platforming, I love it. Xenoblade is a massive, open-world JRPG. It's pretty cool, but also a total grind fest and if you don't like cookie cutter JRPGs, it might not be your thing. It's a 100 hour plus game if you want to play all of it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    State
    Victoria
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by radirgyman View Post
    Funny that!

    I just got mine out yesterday from being packed away for so damn long and playing Zelda Twilight Princess HD.

    Loving it again.
    I totally forgot there was a hd remake of twilight princess, possibly the best zelda, had it way back on gamecube. the only nintendo console I never got, maybe it's time

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    State
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,963
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1448 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Slayer- View Post
    I totally forgot there was a hd remake of twilight princess, possibly the best zelda, had it way back on gamecube. the only nintendo console I never got, maybe it's time
    It's rare for people to say that Twilight Princess is the best Zelda Most go with Ocarina, Majora's or Wind Waker. I liked Twilight Princess and I really need to play the HD remake.

    That's two more wii U games you need. Twilight Princess HD remake and Wind Waker HD remake.

    Hey, also remember that the Wii U is totally hackable now and you can softmod them to allow games to play from USB drives and stuff. I never hacked mine, but apparently it is quite simple to achieve these days.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    State
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,285
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    316 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by namastepat View Post
    It's rare for people to say that Twilight Princess is the best Zelda Most go with Ocarina, Majora's or Wind Waker. I liked Twilight Princess and I really need to play the HD remake.

    That's two more wii U games you need. Twilight Princess HD remake and Wind Waker HD remake.

    Hey, also remember that the Wii U is totally hackable now and you can softmod them to allow games to play from USB drives and stuff. I never hacked mine, but apparently it is quite simple to achieve these days.
    Gawd that boat on windwaker. 4 hours later to reach a destination. Haha

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    State
    Victoria
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by namastepat View Post
    It's rare for people to say that Twilight Princess is the best Zelda Most go with Ocarina, Majora's or Wind Waker. I liked Twilight Princess and I really need to play the HD remake.

    That's two more wii U games you need. Twilight Princess HD remake and Wind Waker HD remake.

    Hey, also remember that the Wii U is totally hackable now and you can softmod them to allow games to play from USB drives and stuff. I never hacked mine, but apparently it is quite simple to achieve these days.
    I really liked how the game was alot darker than the rest of them. I would probably play wind waker again to, damn I need this Wii u now lol, too many games to play its killing me. I did the softmod on the Wii and was pretty decent

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    State
    vic
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bayonetta 2 was amazing on wii u


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Time for a little Nintendo love...
    By radirgyman in forum Console and Handheld
    Replies: 499
    Last Post: 1st October 2017, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •