Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Any love for the Nintendo Wii U?

My last main new console purchase was a Wii way back when. However my sister happened to buy a Wii U for her kids at Christmas and so after playing theirs got hooked. So in January I bought a Wii U with a bunch of games off Gumtree and now have been able to get most of the main titles on the system - and for cheap. Picked up a bunch from EBGames 3 for $18 and 4 for $20 and some from Gumtree.

I have to say it is a great little system. So far I've played through Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario U and Yoshis Woolly World. All are terrific games. Yes they are all aimed at young kids, but the gameplay is still great even for a big kid like me!

So anyone else enjoy the Wii U? Any other good game Recomendations? I need to try Zelda Breath of the Wild next.

Beath of the Wild is amazing. Other games worth playing are Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I started Donkey Kong Tropical freeze the other week, but the difficulty seemed to ramp pretty high pretty fast! Had to switch back to Yoshis Woolly World to relax. Will have to go back to it when I have more patience. I have Xenoblade but know nothing about it so will look into that one sometime soon.

I started Donkey Kong Tropical freeze the other week, but the difficulty seemed to ramp pretty high pretty fast! Had to switch back to Yoshis Woolly World to relax. Will have to go back to it when I have more patience. I have Xenoblade but know nothing about it so will look into that one sometime soon.

When you hit around world 6 in DK: Tropical Freeze, the difficulty becomes insane. Really tough as nails platforming, I love it. Xenoblade is a massive, open-world JRPG. It's pretty cool, but also a total grind fest and if you don't like cookie cutter JRPGs, it might not be your thing. It's a 100 hour plus game if you want to play all of it.

Funny that!

I just got mine out yesterday from being packed away for so damn long and playing Zelda Twilight Princess HD.

Loving it again.

I totally forgot there was a hd remake of twilight princess, possibly the best zelda, had it way back on gamecube. the only nintendo console I never got, maybe it's time

I totally forgot there was a hd remake of twilight princess, possibly the best zelda, had it way back on gamecube. the only nintendo console I never got, maybe it's time

It's rare for people to say that Twilight Princess is the best Zelda :) Most go with Ocarina, Majora's or Wind Waker. I liked Twilight Princess and I really need to play the HD remake.

That's two more wii U games you need. Twilight Princess HD remake and Wind Waker HD remake.

Hey, also remember that the Wii U is totally hackable now and you can softmod them to allow games to play from USB drives and stuff. I never hacked mine, but apparently it is quite simple to achieve these days.

It's rare for people to say that Twilight Princess is the best Zelda :) Most go with Ocarina, Majora's or Wind Waker. I liked Twilight Princess and I really need to play the HD remake.

That's two more wii U games you need. Twilight Princess HD remake and Wind Waker HD remake.

Hey, also remember that the Wii U is totally hackable now and you can softmod them to allow games to play from USB drives and stuff. I never hacked mine, but apparently it is quite simple to achieve these days.

Gawd that boat on windwaker. 4 hours later to reach a destination. Haha

I really liked how the game was alot darker than the rest of them. I would probably play wind waker again to, damn I need this Wii u now lol, too many games to play its killing me. I did the softmod on the Wii and was pretty decent

i've been thinking about getting one for ages now... have not had a new console in years, maybe this should be it.

bought a ps4 when they first came out but i sold it soon after, just didn't give me anything over the wii and 360 i'd been playing for so long. old habits die hard...

i've been thinking about getting one for ages now... have not had a new console in years, maybe this should be it.

bought a ps4 when they first came out but i sold it soon after, just didn't give me anything over the wii and 360 i'd been playing for so long. old habits die hard...

They're pretty cheap really. My Sister got a Wii U from EB Games for $140. I was lucky and got mine boxed from Gumtree for $300 with about 14 good games and a bunch of accessories. Now seems a good time to buy as the Switch has been out for a while and lots of people have moved on to that.

They're pretty cheap really. My Sister got a Wii U from EB Games for $140. I was lucky and got mine boxed from Gumtree for $300 with about 14 good games and a bunch of accessories. Now seems a good time to buy as the Switch has been out for a while and lots of people have moved on to that.

That is cheap!

I have a lot of games on ext hdd for the wii can these be also used on a softmodded Wii U ?

Have been looking at the switch, it's a cool idea and i'm really happy to see how successful it has been for Nintendo. But the basis of it being also a handheld unit is a bit lost on me, i don't really do small screen gaming. so the Wii U would still be my pref.

That is cheap!

I have a lot of games on ext hdd for the wii can these be also used on a softmodded Wii U ?

Have been looking at the switch, it's a cool idea and i'm really happy to see how successful it has been for Nintendo. But the basis of it being also a handheld unit is a bit lost on me, i don't really do small screen gaming. so the Wii U would still be my pref.

I love my switch, for the 3 games I have lol, bought for zelda pretty much, I can say iv never used it as a handheld, dont see the point .

That is cheap!

if u softmod, the wii u can play wii and wii u games off a hard drive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk