Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

LAI Outrunners side art

I am restoring a Lai Outrunners cab https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/93570-LAI-OUTRUNNERS-cab and would really like to reproduce the unique Lai side art. (like the pic, not my cab) I'm not sure how to go about it. Mine has no side art at all. I certainly don't have the skills to do it. I'm happy to pay anyone for their time to photograph theirs or draw it up for me . I just know from restoring other cabs, having nice side art makes all the difference. Any help would be appreciated.

outrun8.thumb.jpg.13ba4610d1d9823c6aa692f0ad155355.jpg

As far as taking the pics I'm no chance. It's well documented that I'm a tech dinosaur. However if anyone wants to take pics of my cab they are more than welcome. ☺

Sent from my SM-G900I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Thanks @Anthony . I like your term tech dinosaur, I certainly fit the description. I will pm you to find out what suburb you are in. I will also speak to @MamePatrol and @stuzza to try and understand how I get high res pics. I do have a pretty good camera but is that enough? Good learning curve though. I always appreciate the effort people make on this forum. :) I would love to see a pic of your cab.

Thanks @Anthony . I like your term tech dinosaur, I certainly fit the description. I will pm you to find out what suburb you are in. I will also speak to @MamePatrol and @stuzza to try and understand how I get high res pics. I do have a pretty good camera but is that enough? Good learning curve though. I always appreciate the effort people make on this forum. :) I would love to see a pic of your cab.
Not a problem mate. I'm in Greenbank area Southside of Brissy. Come take pics, play some Outrunners and Pinball while your there.......will make for a good visit. [emoji106]

Not a problem mate. I'm in Greenbank area Southside of Brissy. Come take pics, play some Outrunners and Pinball while your there.......will make for a good visit. [emoji106]

Thanks for your offer. I will take you up on that. But first I need to understand what I'm doing. What are high def pics? Maybe I will bring the van and do a quick swap while your not looking.:laugh:

You'd need some nice clean straight on pics of the side art in order to use as a base to either trace out in vector (best method) or to just clean up and use as a base to print from. Or alternatively get someone with an old flat bed scanner to place on the art and scan in pieces, then stitch together in photoshop. Then either clean or trace.

Either way it's a lot of hours of work for anyone. Unfortunately I just don't have the time at the moment to tackle something like that.

Good luck with the project though!