Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cleaning old mechanical mechanisms in cash register's

Hey guys

Spotted local garage sale had some old registers and counting machines so took a drive for a gander and came home with 2

One i can take top off easily and other still working out

Bit jammed up from years of storage with old grease, oil and gunk

Safe to degrease or just soak away in wd40

Main reason i got one as it looked cool and can see was once for a servo and other i grabbed while i was there incase got buyer regret at home (not first time it happened lol)

Old lady downsizing her rural farm so said whole shed of stuff yet to be emptied soon so feeling hopeful for coin op as did see a phone stand repurposed as a plant stand

Haha, good old buyer regret, we've all be there at some stage or another.

Old registers are cool, got any pics?

Only about 10km from home but nothing worse get back and go dam i should of got..

Even then did forget to suss some dynamo looking transformers so hopefully next time

WD40 is only fine to free up the odd seized part that is hard to get to, by a quick squirt directly onto item your trying to free up, But dont go nuts with it and spray every part, Just the odd part your struggling with and then lubricate it correctly after it is freed up.

Now dont use wd40 as the main Lubrication for the parts, it is not suitable for that sort of job, as Rod said treat it like a slot machine.

Sewing Machine oil is good for lubing up parts during service,3 in 1 oil isnt to bad either, Dont use WD40 to service your machine.

If the item is being used every day, often you would use grease on some parts, But obviously grease goes to shit and gunks up when its not used often so Oiling would be the best option if your using the item Occasionally, you just need to oil it more regularly if you do find your using it allot.

If your going to use a degreaser Just be conservative with it, dont do what many people do, they spray these things with degreaser then finish the job off with WD40.

take your time cleaning up the gunked parts, free up the parts then Lube correctly once cleaned.

WD40 is only fine to free up the odd seized part that is hard to get to, by a quick squirt directly onto item your trying to free up, But dont go nuts with it and spray every part, Just the odd part your struggling with and then lubricate it correctly after it is freed up.

Now dont use wd40 as the main Lubrication for the parts, it is not suitable for that sort of job, as Rod said treat it like a slot machine.

Sewing Machine oil is good for lubing up parts during service,3 in 1 oil isnt to bad either, Dont use WD40 to service your machine.

If the item is being used every day, often you would use grease on some parts, But obviously grease goes to shit and gunks up when its not used often so Oiling would be the best option if your using the item Occasionally, you just need to oil it more regularly if you do find your using it allot.

If your going to use a degreaser Just be conservative with it, dont do what many people do, they spray these things with degreaser then finish the job off with WD40.

Cheers jason

Will try sparingly and see if can get top off and inside

National i can so will tinker that first i think