VPGL 12 - Game 1 - Pin*Bot [FINISHED]

PIN*BOT (Williams, 1986)

Original game design: Python Anghelo and Barry Oursler
    VP10 game: BORD
    Nominated: Bishop83, Wob, Jed.

Pin*Bot comp will run until April 7.

Download here: https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinbot-williams-1986/
    Rom: https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?a...s&showfile=898
    Backglass (cabs only) : http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3...tb2s-b2s-db2s/

This is the first game of 8 total games to be played in VPGL12.

TOURNEY RULES

- 8 games played for 2 weeks each, Games that have multiple nominations will be posted first, then the rest drawn at random from the pool of nominations.
    - VP10 version only. No user-modded tables unless purely graphical/lighting preferences. No tweaking of flipper strengths, changing table slope, etc.
    - High Score must be from game played at time of competition - ie don't post your already existing high score
    - play desktop on a PC or full screen in a vpin
    - This is an honour system and purely for fun. Submit a score by screen dump or take a pic and post in this thread. New picture for each new score please.

Points system:

1: 20
    2: 19
    3: 18

and so on.

NEW RULE: BALL 1 HERO

Bonus point (1) for the best Ball 1 score. Take a pic at the end of Ball 1 and post at any time
    NB: the player currently leading the tournament cannot claim the Ball 1 Hero points. They can still be the Ball 1 Hero, though

Let the flipping commence!

SCORES:

1. Jed: 8,406,870
    2. JustAnotherRat: 6,610,910
    3. Kane: 6,115,670
    4. Wob: 3,761,560
    5. Skids: 3,607,210
    6. MrBungle: 2,157,400
    7. Bishop83: 2,085,030

Ball 1 Hero:

Jed: 7,038,060
    Last edited by Jed; 8th April 2019 at 07:59 AM.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)
    First ball score - 2,334,330

Final game score - 6,115,670

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    I'm a little confused about the one ball hero thing.

As we are all even, or winning going into the first table, does that mean no one is eligible for it or is only someone who doesn't win the table overall eligible to win a point from in in the first round?

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1428 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherRat View Post
    I'm a little confused about the one ball hero thing.

As we are all even, or winning going into the first table, does that mean no one is eligible for it or is only someone who doesn't win the table overall eligible to win a point from in in the first round?
    First table doesn't count (ie, anyone can take points) there will be no one leading the tournament, cause there are no tournament standings yet.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1428 Post(s)

come on lads, where's the scores! almost a week later and only kane has sumbitted a score.... get a move on !

here's my first effort, a decent ball 1 hero score helped by building up the solar bonus to 2M then collecting

3,434,800 (ball in chute start of ball 2)

and lost the next two balls for almost nothing

Final score

this is an awesome version, it plays very close to the real game. ie, it's just as brutal with soul-sapping outlanes, nudge away to stay in the game. Bord is a fantastic VP dev, he really puts a lot of love and realism into his tables.

Anyone new to Pinbot:

fill in the lights on pinbot's chest to open the visor, then put a ball into each eye to start multiball and double scores
    Build up the skillshot by 100k each time by landing the ball in the 2nd last hole, you can get to 1M and if you pull that off you get a nice lightshow and 1M points
    Keep hitting the solar ramp to build up the solar jackpot
    try and nudge the ball on the mini pf to get the ball back into the chute for another skillshot attempt.
    Collect the current solar jackpot amount by putting one of the balls you get in in multiball back into one of Pinbot's eyes. Do not put the 2nd ball into the other eye! shoot the other ball up the solar ramp to collect the current solar jackpot amount while the other ball is captured.

there's more but that should get you going. Now get going!
    Last edited by Jed; 28th March 2019 at 10:21 PM.

State
    NSW (Newcastle)
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    727 Post(s)
    I had no idea on how to play this table... thanks for the tips.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1428 Post(s)

No worries.

I owned this machine for 2.5 years and played it a lot in that time. Was quite sad to sell it when we moved house. But with this amazingly good version, i feel like I got it back kinda

Another tip to open the visor MUCH quicker - with one shot: when you get the single line of lights moving along the chest at the start of ball hit the lit line - this will instantly open the visor.

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    iv been building the jackpot wasn't sure how to get it now I may have a chance to put up a decent score and my 3 screen upgrade didn't go to plan I killed the computer attempting it so the kids lost there computer so I have been trying to repair it all week should be up and running again this weekend using external dmd on 3 screen used way to much cpu and just blue screend it and never turned back on

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1428 Post(s)

should probably ask Kane looking at his great score !

make sure we're all playing on the same rom with this game it can make a huge difference to score. there are a couple roms out for pinbot one where the solar jackpot total stays even after a game has finished, and another where it resets to 0 at end of game. Bord's version uses the rom pb_l5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop83 View Post
    iv been building the jackpot wasn't sure how to get it now I may have a chance to put up a decent score and my 3 screen upgrade didn't go to plan I killed the computer attempting it so the kids lost there computer so I have been trying to repair it all week should be up and running again this weekend using external dmd on 3 screen used way to much cpu and just blue screend it and never turned back on

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app
    That sucks

it's weird that your third display caused a blue screen - what GPU are you using ? I've only ever had a 2 screen build, so can't help maybe one of the other guys can suggest something to check when running three screens.

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    gtx 770 graphics out of my main pc down graded that as i just play xbox for games these days. people were also saying they were having similar problems when using a external dmd on 3rd screen that it just uses extreme amount of cpu I do need to upgrade the cpu but that can come later so I'm not using pinup now but kept the 3 screens just using it for normal dmd now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information