Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Why all the high scores?

Just wondered why all the high scores are suddenly appearing again? I notice VON is adding all of them it seems - well played, but just interested when no updates have been added for about 2-3 years. Sudden burst of enthusiasm by VON? Says he's a veteran so not a new AA member.

In my case a few popped up that I happened to have photos of and in a "moment of weakness" I decided to post some of them. Not planning on making a habit of it. For what it's worth I've got a lot of higher scores written down from the days before camera phones when I was a much better player but "pictures or it didn't happen" has to apply here.

Just wondered why all the high scores are suddenly appearing again? I notice VON is adding all of them it seems - well played, but just interested when no updates have been added for about 2-3 years. Sudden burst of enthusiasm by VON? Says he's a veteran so not a new AA member.

@VON Sent me a PM asking if it was ok to to put up a bunch of HIgh Scores.

I said to VON,

"Mate I have no problem with that.

If you take the time to post your scores, I'm happy to take the time to update them."

That's my motto.

Hey @VON make sure your there at Dougs place Saturday, you and I need to have a bit of a chat:)

@toads I have to await the selection of the cricket Semi side Thu night/Fri morning, as I might be needed to play!!

Said it before, ill say it again...

Pfft! Cricket over a meet! :lol

Hope to see you there mate, but if I do that means you didn't get selected. So I hope i don't see you there mate...:blink: :017: :unsure :D

I like to see not just the high scores that people post but if they have a story about how they got the score or what strategy they used to get that score. Can help other players with getting higher scores if there are some tips or tricks they could utilise in their own play.

I like to see not just the high scores that people post but if they have a story about how they got the score or what strategy they used to get that score. Can help other players with getting higher scores if there are some tips or tricks they could utilise in their own play.
I agree. I was thinking of resurrecting the old game of the month concept. Where a heap of people play the same game and share tips and tricks and try for a high score of the month. Even maintenance and mod tips.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

I agree. I was thinking of resurrecting the old game of the month concept. Where a heap of people play the same game and share tips and tricks and try for a high score of the month. Even maintenance and mod tips.

I really like that idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is no two machines play exactly the same way. Use to service 7 Addams Family for example. Some had massive high scores, some didn't but what I did realize, the ones that came in with good high scores, I was also able to get good high scores on.

Pinballs are not like video machines, they all have different personalities. That is why we like pinballs.

• Administrators

I think wiping the slate clean would be a good idea to generate new interest, I like your idea Rob. We'll have to have a chat about setting something up.

I think wiping the slate clean would be a good idea to generate new interest, I like your idea Rob. We'll have to have a chat about setting something up.

I used to wipe the high score table back to factory every time the machine came in to be cleaned and serviced. ( about once every 2-3 months)

A clean machine runs much faster with a lot more variables I found. A dirty machine is a lot more predictable. Dirt on the rubbers and the ball grips them less etc. Add to this the faster ball movement because the ball slides a lot more than just rolling.

Basically, you clean the machine, it does become a different machine while it is clean. There for it is different to the machine that had the old high scores posted.

Funny how the cream rises though. If a machine was pulled solely for servicing and cleaning and went back out to that same site, a couple of weeks later the same name was back up there.

I found setting back to factory high scores did encourage play if you left the names up for several weeks. You do it to often and you loose those that play to get there name "up in lights". A bit like a graffitist, you wipe the slate clean to often, they move on.

@ajfclark iscored.info is a nice little app!

It is.

I forgot to finish my thought above:

Resetting every 250 plays lets people get that excitement of getting highscores again every now and then, but the iscored thing keeps track of PB scores for each player. Best of both worlds.