Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Romcenter help needed

Wondering if anyone has used Romcenter to audit a romset.

I'm trying to thin down a MAME 0.78 romset for retropie, there's heaps of clones and hacks and foreign language versions.

Romcenter seems to be pretty good and a bit less daunting than ClrMamepro.

I've got my dat file for .78 and can get the DB in romcenter displaying the thinned out list, but I can't actually get any of the roms in my set deleted by any process, if there is a way to do it, they've disguised it pretty well

got it sorted with romcenter :) you don't really delete roms, more sort your list then display exclusions (clones, hacks etc) then via the menus move your 'good' roms elsewhere to build a new set.

works well - Romcenter is pretty good. 20 years of using MAME and i've never audited a romset ! about time i suppose.

Got the 0.78 set down to about 1900 roms from the 3,300 original set. lots of chaff in there.

Check out all killer no filler

Great list of games

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

i've been building my own image for a while now, Arcade/Megadrive/SNES/C64/Amiga mainly. those premade bulk images like AKNF are good when you're starting out - I used a premade one to begin with. but you come to a point with using the Pi as a retro platform where the best image is the one you make yourself! takes longer, but you learn heaps about the Pi / Retropie / Retroarch, and end up with exactly what you want :)