Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Phantom of opera just died on me

Feeling sick, I was just playing my Phantom of the Opera and then decided to change the batteries on the CPU board as they are about 5 years old.

No corrosion, swapped them out but when I powered up I got a flash of garbage on the displays then all black!

I have done somthing to my CPU board. I have no 5volts! I have power to lights, speaker is humming but no CPU.

I checked the fuses, all seem ok, where else should I check on powersupply for 5v??

thanks for tips..

Pull every plug back out and plug them all back in. You would be surprised how well things look when in place but when pulled out and back in, you suddenly notice a connector was one pin out.

If that doesn't help start looking for crack solder joints on the connectors. DE machines have a lot of heat related problems around the power supply board connectors.

Pull every plug back out and plug them all back in. You would be surprised how well things look when in place but when pulled out and back in, you suddenly notice a connector was one pin out.

If that doesn't help start looking for crack solder joints on the connectors. DE machines have a lot of heat related problems around the power supply board connectors.

IT WORKS!!!! THANKS VERY MUCH... I did push connectors in before but never actually removed and resat them..

Cant believe how dodgy but clean looking connectors they are..

I am back in business.. love the phantom..

I someties see EPROM upgrades available but dont think any point, wouldnt be any dramatic change to game play??

thanks again AutoSteve & Gemini for replies.. Had a real sinking feeling my beloved pinny was down..

all good now!