Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

NRL 2019

Brad

• Administrators

Starting the whinge.

Parra V Penrith.

Maloney two head high swinging arm collisions, no problem, Jennings does it get 10 in the bin Penrith score 2 tries. What a ****ing joke :realmad::realmad::realmad:

Yes I'm a long suffering Parra supporter.

brad

Well I was happy how the cowboys played. First half look scrappy but they pulled together a lot in 2nd half. Morgan, asiata and taumalolo were on fire. Hopefully they can keep it up for the season.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Well Parra won (As they should have) but Campbell-Gillard takes out Moses without the ball with a head high, keeps playing wtf

Brad

Go Parra, I liked their enthusiasm today. Early days but looking ok.

Great to see Parra get up. Great to see Canberra get up mainly because last year they were the most cheated team by bad ref decisions. Great to see the Knights get up.

As for my team, the Roosters, we won last year and time for someone else this year is my honest opinion. As long as they are in the finals somewhere is good enough for me.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I don't think the Tigers were bad, they played well, they just couldn't score. Completed sets but almost zero attack especially on the last tackle.

Agreed though Parra were almost flawless in both attack and in particular defence which has been a highlight this year. Parra have been a very defensive team over the years but couldn't seem to cap it off with scoring tries. That's changed so far this year and I only hope the confidence continues. Moses had the game of his career and most of the rest of the players were simply outstanding. It was a pleasure to watch, especially after last weeks 19 nil drubbing :(

Brad

Edited by Brad

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators
bumping this also.

fmd the dragon's have had their worst season since the joint venture formed :(

Nothing personal but I hope it continues tomorrow ;)

It's been a pretty shit season for almost all teams. Can't believe how tight in the middle of the ladder. Parramatta will disappoint again this year. They MIGHT stay somewhere in the top 8 but will lose a semi for sure. Too damn inconsistant

Brad

• 1 month later...

As much as I love the Roosters, I'd be happier to see the Eels or The Raiders win this year. More than happy to see others enjoy there team winning a grand final like I did last year.

Either way, in the top 4 is worthy of holding your head high in my opinion.

Only time will tell how we go against the storm next week. The storm were a bit ordinary this week and the eels are starting to really gel together. When they are on they are good enough to beat any team in the nrl. If they go down to Melbourne with the right mindset then they might well book an outing with the roosters. They haven’t got the easiest road to the grand final, anything is possible in finals footy though.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like Cummons as a ref at all. I think he is a lousy ref. The first 20 minutes of the first half was destroyed and slowed to a crawl by Hogson constantly trying to strip the ball including after the tackle was made. Once or twice I can sort of understand but it become every tackle the guy made there's his hand under the ball and taking his time to get it out. 2nd half, roosters forward gets penalised for a hand on the ball....Why didn't Hogson get penalised in the first half for doing the exact same thing multiple times in the first half?. Thank Christ the stripping rule is gone next year.

Cromp off for 10 minutes, really?. I hope every player that tackles someone without the ball next year gets a 10 minute sin bin including all the attempted intercepts where the player comes in contact with the player the ball is intended for.

The only good try in the game was the last one and it only happened because Layloua was slow to get back in line.

As for the decision about the 6 again, maybe a better solution would have been allowing the Raiders to play the extra 6, potentially scoring a try and then allowing the bunker to overturn the try after viewing the ball clearly hitting a raiders player and not a rooster player. This is a case of trying to find a reason for a loss over a ref's decision and ignoring the facts. The fact is the ball DID hit a raiders player, not a roosters player so no matter what a ref said, it was overturned as it should have been. Not getting a kick off on the 6th or a potential try being scored when the opposition is supposed to have the ball, I think the not getting a kick off is the lesser of the two evils.

As for Whiten getting tackled on the 6th. After the TV coverage, there was a replay that had the refs mics turned on and the mic audio was from the ref's mic that wasn't yelling "it's still the last". He actually said that 4 times while Wighton had the ball and he was traveling between the two refs. I argue if the mic on the ref further away was able to clearly hear the other ref yelling, " it's still the last" and Wighton was traveling between them, he would have also heard it as well and he being a kicker could of kicked the ball himself but chose to play the ref's bad decision route instead.

He chose wrong and potentially cost his team a win. The irony to this is he was given Man of The Match but it has now come to light Jared Waerea-Hargreaves was supposed to get this award as written about here....

http://https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/07/clive-churchill-mix-up-jwh-told-hed-won-medal/