Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

[VIC] Mount Hashman's Cheese Kranksy Comp

@Hashman is having a big Xmas party, and we are running a little fun tournament on the same day.

Even if you bomb out of the comp, there are heaps of other machiness, and arcades to play. This is Xmas party and will be running all night.

------------

Name: Mount Hashman's Cheese Kranksy Comp

When: Saturday. December 15th.

Where: Dandenong ranges during Hashman's Xmas party, Address will be given to those that want to come close to date, Please PM me.

Time: Qualifying. 5.30pm to 7.30pm. Finals should start at 7.45pm

Cost: $0.

Prize: A Cheesy Kranksy. (i.e. I'ts just for fun)

Format:

This will be an IFPA sanctioned event.

(Subject to be tweaked depending on machines and attendance)

Machines: TBA. But will have no ball save, no extra balls and will not be set up easy

There will be only 4 or 5 games in the tournament. Separate to the main party area.

Each player will a game on each machine (depending on attendance we might allow everyone to play extra games to qualify, ie. a bonus game on a machine of choice)

Scoring will be

100 points for highest score

97 for 2nd

95 for 3rd

94 for 4th

93 for 5th, etc

The top 16 overall scores will advance to finals.

Finals:

Points will be allocated using the IFPA system (7 points for 1st place, 5 points for 2nd place, 3 points for 3rd place, and 1 point for 4th place).

Finals – Rounds of 16:

Groups will be assigned based on final qualifying position:

● Group 1: Rank 1, Rank 8, Rank 9, Rank 16

● Group 2: Rank 3, Rank 6, Rank 11, Rank 14

● Group 3: Rank 4, Rank 5, Rank 12, Rank 13

● Group 4: Rank 2, Rank 7, Rank 10, Rank 15

Groups will play 4 games of four *player matchplay across all 4 machines.

The top two players from each group will progress to next round.

Finals – Rounds of 8:

Groups will be assigned based on previous round:

● Group 1 (1st Place), Group 3 (1st Place), Group 2 (2nd Place), Group 4 (2nd Place)

● Group 1 (2nd Place), Group 3 (2nd Place), Group 2 (1st Place), Group 4 (1st Place)

Groups will play 4 games of four *player matchplay across 4 machines.

The top two players from each group will progress to the next round.

Finals – Rounds of 4:

Groups will play 4 games of four player matchplay across 4 machines.

The position of the top 4 at the end of the tournament will be the final standings of the tournament.

There will be tiebreakers only if the top 2 players are tied.

Edit. Ok so we will limit this to 40 ppl just in case it goes overboard. Please PM if interested to I can keep track as there are already 40+ going to the event and I'll have to figure out who is playing and who isn't.

Edited by Ryza

This is a Hashmans XMAS party how about we respect that, a place where people consume alcoholic beverages and partake in a ritual of corkscrew and shot glass poker mingle and talk bulltish, roll down hills and talk to aliens in the garden and occasionally play pinball if their not jogging around the yard like a lunatic, or burping up garlic and copping third degree burns from squirting cheese kransky's so I say NO COMPS AT MEETS OR PARTIES especially IFPA sanctioned ones. They have their place for every other week of the year.

It's in a seperate room. I repeat. It is in a seperate room.

If I didn't tell you it was on you wouldn't even know. Trust me I don't want to disrupt the normal meet in any way and have thought it through.

It will bring more people to the event. Once they are done with the comp they will join the party. Some people will only be playing for 20minutes.

Some for 3 hours.

This hurts no one. The 'no ifpa' pinball people can take off their tinfoil hat and realise that competitve pinball helps grow the hobby. If you join a meet and a comp you get the best of both worlds.

If you have a meet only then it's the same people every single time.

Help grow the hobby. Otherwise I WILL bring the monkey just for you @hotty!

This is a little side event setup in the front garage. This is NOT in the DANGERSHED. Figured if its earlier than main party it just means more people for the MAIN EVENT!

A number of the comp players have were already coming anyway. We're all friends, we're all pinball people and this is a XMAS party.

JUST MORE ****S TO PARTY! :P

If I didn't tell you it was on you wouldn't even know. Trust me I don't want to disrupt the normal meet in any way and have thought it through.

It will bring more people to the event. Once they are done with the comp they will join the party. Some people will only be playing for 20minutes.

Some for 3 hours.

This hurts no one. The 'no ifpa' pinball people can take off their tinfoil hat and realise that competitve pinball helps grow the hobby. If you join a meet and a comp you get the best of both worlds.

ok ok ok The only thing thats growing in this hobby is the price of a pinball machine and the size of the monkey. Stop spanking it Ryza

Some for 3 hours.

I'm looking forward to your next comp meet Ryan.

@Fairground can you bring the shot cups and I'll bring the bottles.

We wanna "Help grow the hobby" too:)

It's happening regardless. Thanks for bringing up your concens I should have explained it in detail that it won't affect the party in any way.

That would have stopped the negativity and back handed compliments.

See you all there

It's happening regardless. Thanks for bringing up your concens I should have explained it in detail that it won't affect the party in any way.

That would have stopped the negativity and back handed compliments.

See you all there

F**K U Ryza

And watch out for the bottle opener.