Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New to Netflix - What to watch

Agree. just about done with Another Life and almost at the end of Season 2 of The Dark. Great show. The Boys is queued to watch.

The OA however my wife and I gave up on. Season 1 was great and Season 2 started well but we stopped watching after ep 6 or so. Got ****ing stupid and predictable.

Happy is fantastic although fair to say not for everyone.

Brad

I haven't got to season 2 of The OA yet. But season 1 is easily the most original show I've seen.

"Dark" was great.

I'm still sad how they f***ed up Stranger Things.

Agree. just about done with Another Life and almost at the end of Season 2 of The Dark. Great show. The Boys is queued to watch.

I turned off about 20 minutes into Another Life as I found the characters (especially the lead) annoying.

Only watched two eps of The Boys so far. It's ok, but would be better with some of the slow bits removed.

• Administrators
I turned off about 20 minutes into Another Life as I found the characters (especially the lead) annoying.

Only watched two eps of The Boys so far. It's ok, but would be better with some of the slow bits removed.

I admit it's not top television but its a little different. The lead is okay I mean we're talking Katee Sackhoff (BSG) so don't expect a lot, the REALLY annoying character for me is her husband.

Haven't started The Boys yet....queued for next week or so.

Brad

Been watching a few different ones lately

the Originals

admittedly one the first episode but looks promising

as well as Animal Kingdom

this isn't bad not sure if it's been mentioned before because I'm to lazy to scroll back over the thread

worth a watch even if some of the acting can be a bit meh from time to time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Watched the first 4 episodes of The Dark Crystal Resistance last night with the Mrs and thought it was amazing. So much detail has gone into this to keep it true to the original movie right down to the puppets, voice acting and environment. Seriously the attention to detail is 10 out of 10

No doubt there will be negative nit pickers who need to get a life.

Watched the first 4 episodes of The Dark Crystal Resistance last night with the Mrs and thought it was amazing. So much detail has gone into this to keep it true to the original movie right down to the puppets, voice acting and environment. Seriously the attention to detail is 10 out of 10

Mark Hamill does brilliant voice acting too as the scientist

Loving the series so far

• Administrators
Mark Hamill does brilliant voice acting too as the scientist

Loving the series so far

No doubt however Simon Pegg gets my vote for Chamberlain. You can tell he loves the original with the effort put into Chamberlain voice.

Same can be said for Donna Kimball who does Aughra. I thought it was the original voice actor from the movie she was so good.

No doubt however Simon Pegg gets my vote for Chamberlain. You can tell he loves the original with the effort put into Chamberlain voice.

Same can be said for Donna Kimball who does Aughra. I thought it was the original voice actor from the movie she was so good.

I actually thought chamberlian was original till relooked

That "hmmmm" is so close

It's OUT?!! I lost track of when it was coming, thanks for posting. I'm so onto this tonight

Look forward to hearing what you think.

Absolutely brilliant. Could not have hoped for a better adaptation. I'm just gobsmacked.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless he's a negative nitpicker who needs to get a life.

The f*ck ?

• Administrators
Quoting @Arcade Kings post a couple before yours where he says that anyone who doesn't agree with his opinion on the show is .....

NoReflectionOnYouMatePunkin

No that's not actually what I said at all and in fact I made it clear what I was talking about after your post just in case somebody who is overly sensitive took it the wrong way.

You're twisting my words mate.

Have you actually seen it? what did you think? How does it compare for you to the original movie?

That's how it read mate, defensive and setting up anyone who dared disagree. A preemptive argument that worked.

No i have not seen it and don't have an opinion on it at all. My comprehension works though.

Don't take everything so serious, it's all just harmless banter. I hope you can see i mean no harm, but it's good sometimes to recognise what fresh eyes see.

• Administrators
That's how it read mate, defensive and setting up anyone who dared disagree. A preemptive argument that worked.

No i have not seen it and don't have an opinion on it at all. My comprehension works though.

Don't take everything so serious, it's all just harmless banter. I hope you can see i mean no harm, but it's good sometimes to recognise what fresh eyes see.

I have strong opinions on things mate but I don't stop people from disagreeing and fully prepared to eat humble pie if proven wrong.

Perhaps if you watch the old movie and the new series you'll understand what I mean and the context.

All good, no problem here.

• 2 weeks later...

Already mentioned in the thread but We're about half way through The Boys and really enjoying it. Though Mrs Jed keeps having to cover her eyes cause of the OTT gore at times [emoji5]

Corporate-run superheros and x-men style mutants, many without a conscience. A bit like 'what would superheros be like if they were just as fallible and corrupt as ordinary humans, and run for profit'

Great show!

Wait ... might not have been Netflix ? [emoji38]