Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sega Super Lap

Madsonicboating

Question

Hi All.

Complete newb. brought this cheap. Will try to view learn and fix as much as I possibly can via you tube google and of course forums. Will post updates as I go.

Powers on, lights all seem to work. No sound no loading no screen footage. Left screen turns on, brightness and focus seem to work however its just lines. Right side screen no power at all and flyback arc's out constantly (due to a big arse ol crack I can see lol...looks like someone has also tried to apply silicon previously to remedy this or a past arcing).

Lights all seem to go (the wee led red ones) inside the main board area but as of yet have'nt tried to even see if system is booting up ok etc. I have replaced the 2 batteries.

After viewing numerous vids on monitors I know my polo 25 is a bitch to work with. Being a complete non electrically minded newb this could be fun (ha not) and I'm toying with the idea is it simply easier or better to change over to lcd screens (this machine is being fixed to play on!)

Any and all advice graciously accepted and noted. Haters need not apply, I know this is a huge under taking and I know it will probably cost a shit ton but hey money is made to go round eh?

Eventually this will go in the games room with the 1994 world cup soccor pinball and the 1972 williams spannish eyes pinball. annnnnd most likely some others too lol

Have done a search for Sega Super lap and can't find any others on this site so is this the first?

Cheers

Dan (msb)

- - - Updated - - -

a few more pics...

Steps i'm taking (and are most likely backwards lol its how I do things) is vaccum'd it out, traced some plugs that were unplugged and or wrong, re seated 2 earths behind steering wheel panel on right side, replaced 2 batteries on main board, noted fly back arcing so unplugged the found power supplies for it, de-energised then removed right screen and attached board/controller.

having a ball so far... :)

msb

20181029_230003_resized_1.jpg

20181030_221751_resized_1.jpg

20181030_153726_resized_1.jpg

20181029_224404_resized_1.jpg

20181030_221449_resized_1.jpg

20181031_112514_resized_1.jpg

20181031_112526_resized_1.jpg

4 answers to this question

Run the boards stand alone not linked aswell see if that changes anything.

Here is a picture of my board the link board it just looped out.

I have removed the suicide chip and replaced one eprom to get the board working again. [ATTACH]138099[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Awesome yep ok will try that tonight and link the cables how you have...im sure the one board is firing up not so sure the rom boards are but will do a swap around after work tonight...i was also goi g to double check all power supplies but again pretty confident they are ok...the boards habe been well covered and well preserved by the looks.

Thanks for that man will drop updates here..