Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

New to Netflix - What to watch

• Administrators

Yeah as predicted years ago, media piracy is coming back in full force. I mean it never went away but it went down a LOT with easily affordable and accessible good media from the likes of Netflix, Hulu and Stan etc. Problem is old school media finally saw the light and and competing services have flooded the market.

When 2 services were more than enough to watch your favourite or good shows now you need 5 services with the like of Amazon Prime ramping up, Disney starting their own plus others.

I'll be honest I'm not really sure why anyone pays for Foxtel anymore though. High priced and full of general shit PLUS ads. I remember the days when Foxtels biggest selling point was no ads. The only reason to use Foxtel now is for sport and you can now use their streaming Kayo service instead for that.

Brad

Yeah i used to watch sport a year or two ago and had it for the lack of ads and the sport.

I now never watch anything on it really, a movie once a month but use it to stream radio. i know there'd be a free way to do this and when my contract is up in a year or more i intend to not renew. it would probably be cheaper to break the contract though, i should look into it.

Yeah as predicted years ago, media piracy is coming back in full force. I mean it never went away but it went down a LOT with easily affordable and accessible good media from the likes of Netflix, Hulu and Stan etc. Problem is old school media finally saw the light and and competing services have flooded the market.

When 2 services were more than enough to watch your favourite or good shows now you need 5 services with the like of Amazon Prime ramping up, Disney starting their own plus others.

I'll be honest I'm not really sure why anyone pays for Foxtel anymore though. High priced and full of general shit PLUS ads. I remember the days when Foxtels biggest selling point was no ads. The only reason to use Foxtel now is for sport and you can now use their streaming Kayo service instead for that.

Brad

I signed up to Kayo in parallel with my Foxtel, to test with the intention of getting rid of Foxtel. I'm an anal bastard, but the drop in bitrate and frames vs a Sat/cable feed annoyed me once streamed to the big screen. Even at full quality, its just not as fluid. It's good enough that I am sure 99% of people don't care.

So unfortunatly, I pay a monthly surpluss to have ****ing foxtel.

Yeah peoples mileage with vary. I'm not that fussy so its fine for me but loads of large screen TV sports enthusiasts would suffer under that for sure.

I did have luck getting them to drop my bill from $85 to $45 by threatning to leave, so that was good. But yeah, stupid expensive.. Kayo is a much better price point.

• 1 month later...
  • Super Moderator

Got sucked into the doco The Curse of Oak Island on Netflix and followed the other seasons along with a streaming app.

Cant believe the amount of money they are throwing at it to dig holes.

No spoilers as I am not finished yet

Just finished series 2 of 'Dark' and it was amazing. What a story! that someone thought this up and then told the whole incredibly complex story so well and with so much intensity/moodiness, faaaarrrk. Best thing i've seen in ages, but probably wont be to everyone's taste due to the pace.

reccomend watching the original, German language with english subtitles, so you don't get the stupid overdubbed english.

Ordinarily don't like subtitles in shows but this is so good i didn't even notice it.

• Administrators
Just finished series 2 of 'Dark' and it was amazing. What a story! that someone thought this up and then told the whole incredibly complex story so well and with so much intensity/moodiness, faaaarrrk. Best thing i've seen in ages, but probably wont be to everyone's taste due to the pace.

reccomend watching the original, German language with english subtitles, so you don't get the stupid overdubbed english.

Ordinarily don't like subtitles in shows but this is so good i didn't even notice it.

Yeah I'm pumped for Season 03. Recommended this one earlier in the thread

Brad

Got sucked into the doco The Curse of Oak Island on Netflix and followed the other seasons along with a streaming app.

Cant believe the amount of money they are throwing at it to dig holes.

No spoilers as I am not finished yet

New season starts soon, My missus is addicted to this show :) :)

• Administrators

His Dark Materials based on the novels

If you remember The Golden Compass Movie that was supposed to be a trilogy then you'll know what to expect.

Edit: oops this was on Foxtel not Netflix my bad...was still good though.

Edited by Arcade King

• 1 month later...