Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Last Ever Peacock Pinball Club Meet

Hey mates

Am flying down to Melbourne to the place it all began, The Peacock Inn Hotel.

After just over 6 years the club is having it's final meet. Would love to catch up with as many legends as possible.

Have printed a limited run of patches to commemorate the occasion.

See you for many beers. Maybe someone can invite Doug Judge? :)

http://www.facebook.com/events/560590711018271

53052555_2153913407989540_4870387412087341056_o.thumb.jpg.5cd6519e86da8c35b9fb4f05954fc9d7.jpg

The pin golf at The Peacock in 2015 was my first ever interstate event and the first time I met Jimmy. One of the toughest pin golfs Ive ever played in. Event coincided with the GABS beer festival so a few sore heads that day hey @DOG

Its sad to hear when venues like this stop running pinball events. Whats the reason for it being the last event?

The pin golf at The Peacock in 2015 was my first ever interstate event and the first time I met Jimmy. One of the toughest pin golfs Ive ever played in. Event coincided with the GABS beer festival so a few sore heads that day hey @DOG

Its sad to hear when venues like this stop running pinball events. Whats the reason for it being the last event?

I still have the T Shirt, but all faded.

Sounds good Jimmy, though a quick pit stop for coffee at Tasos is a must first.

Maybe someone can invite Doug Judge? :)

Doug from Judge TV Rentals (Rent Appliances Melbourne).

I’ve left a message for him today.

A bit of Peacock Inn history for you guys (circa 2009-2011) - pre Stern title days.

Doug was the contractor that looked after the pubs AV gear and had placed his very own pinball machines, on rotation every so often, in that back right hand corner.

The titles i remembered playing were TOTAN, CV and LOTR.

And the bald person, who would serve me change at the bar, was none other than Jimmy.

Jimmy, can you remember your first pinball title experience here?

Regards,

Stephen.

Jimmy, can you remember your first pinball title experience here?

Regards,

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen. It was definitely Doug's LOTR that got me hooked on pinball. I spent every single dollar I made on tips on that machine and was obsessed. I can remember one night playing until 2 in the morning and getting one shot away from destroying the ring, closing the pub down, setting the alarm, driving half way home along Punt Rd, turning around, reopening the pub and playing until the sun came up trying to get that final shot (which I never did) :)

I also have some memory of there being a Scared Stiff there towards the end. I think

Unfortunately having only two machines at the pub has meant patronage for the monthly event has died done. There are now several other cubs running and other venues with a lot more machines. The pinball's will stay on site but the club has seen it's time sadly.

Back in the day people used to drive for 2 hours for the club often just to play 2 games. The best!!

Hope to see everyone tonight

Nice story Jimmy. The love for one's first pinball experience, will never fade away.

No doubt, you’ve probably got a LOTR in your lineup, as the sentimental/nostalgia favourite lol.

Doug had his SS and TAF at the East Brunswick Hotel at one point. He nearly lost them too, plus his AV gear. Apparently the owner of the building had changed the door locks, in order to kick out the tenant - this was prior to the renovations of the pub. 3 months in limbo and a police intervention prevailed. By then, i moved out from the inner city area and into the suburbs.

Haven’t been to the Peacock in ages and i miss those early bird pasta nights (Monday) - it was like $6 or $8 dollars off memory.

Looking forward to tonight's meet/catch up, plus having a pool cue poked jabbed into me!

My 1st comp in Melbourne was the Peacock Inn Pinball Open 5 years ago tomorrow. Probably where I first crossed paths with quite a few Melbourne players. Had an awesome day, made the final game on X-Men against Johnny Crabtree, Edy and Adam Clarke. Led for 2 balls then the Tequila shots (thanks India) kicked in a bit and I couldn't lock the 4th ball to start multiball. Ended up a close 2nd to Johnny. I've still got the shirt but I'm a 3XL and it's a Large so while I can just get into it I don't wear it. It'll fit one day :donuts:

Finished the night with a trip back to the airport squeezed into the front seat of Dan's van with him and Edy.