State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1429 Post(s)

VP error

Guys,

Since I upgraded to the latest 10.6 Beta, some games I'm now getting a 'object not a collection' error in line 1. (it doesn't matter what is in line 1, it always throws the line 1 error no matter what)

Has anyone seen this error or know how to fix it ? I thought it might be related to a VBS file but I made sure I have the latest scripts in the right places etc.

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Which 10.6 beta rev? Try rev 3592 its stable on my cab,windows 10 no errors.Just copy and paste the files.Remember to unblock also.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschool4 View Post
    Which 10.6 beta rev? Try rev 3592 its stable on my cab,windows 10 no errors.Just copy and paste the files.Remember to unblock also.
    Yep i've done all that as per usual. that one you mentioned (3592) seems like a pretty old one, can you still run latest stuff like the new TAF ? the one i downloaded is 3653 (March 5)

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    3592 is stable for me.
    Last edited by Oldschool4; 12th March 2019 at 09:42 AM.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1429 Post(s)

The 3592 is stable for me and others,I can run the latest TAF but adjusted texture dimensions in vpx from unlimited to 3072,worked great.Im running all the latest releases plus puppacks.
    sounds like maybe i need to downgrade then..... weird, i've never had this kind of issue. thanks for the suggestions.

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah well it is a Beta,testing.Still run 10.6 try different revisions see whats stable.Everyones computer different.

State
    Adelaide
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    347 Post(s)
    Which tables give you the error? I downloaded the TAF table on the weekend and had to upgrade to the latest 10.6 beta to play it. I only played TAF and The Walking dead after upgrading and both of those worked fine. Let me know which table/tables failed and I can try them on mine to see if the same error occurs. Could be the beta broke something with a bunch of tables.

Also where do you get the older revisions from? I can only see the one beta in the vpforums beta thread?

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1429 Post(s)

Yeah well it is a Beta,testing.Still run 10.6 try different revisions see whats stable.Everyones computer different.
    VP is always in Beta nowadays, given the pace and quantity of releases and developers trying out new features. some developers release tables and reccomend to run on the latest Beta, and not the latest stable full releases... This is cool in some ways - we get to see the latest features in lighting etc but it sometimes breaks other things. Can't/shouldn't complain as it's all free anyway... but as a dev myself i get a bit frustrated my the 'hippie agile' approach sometimes i miss the simpler days around vp8/9 (but I wouldn't trade for how amazing vp10 looks and plays!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stuzza View Post
    Which tables give you the error? I downloaded the TAF table on the weekend and had to upgrade to the latest 10.6 beta to play it. I only played TAF and The Walking dead after upgrading and both of those worked fine. Let me know which table/tables failed and I can try them on mine to see if the same error occurs. Could be the beta broke something with a bunch of tables.

Also where do you get the older revisions from? I can only see the one beta in the vpforums beta thread?
    You can select which revision numbers on the Beta downloads page. (Vpinball)

Thanks for the offer though, I haven't got around to trying earlier versions yet, will do later today I hope. Some of the more recent tables (TAF for example and one other) give me that same error 'object is not a collection' since i grabbed the latest Beta.

State
    Parkinson (Brisbane)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The latest TAF runs like a pig for me whatever version of VPX I use, DMD and playfield is always about 3-5 seconds behind what the ball is doing, trap the ball and the game will catch up, tried a ton of stuff but it just won't work correctly

G

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guru-Choc View Post
    The latest TAF runs like a pig for me whatever version of VPX I use, DMD and playfield is always about 3-5 seconds behind what the ball is doing, trap the ball and the game will catch up, tried a ton of stuff but it just won't work correctly

G
    What CPU / GPU are you running ?

Thread Information