Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

CBOX MVS, OSSC and Sony LCD

waali

Question

Hi all,

Reorganised the console cabinet this week and added in an OSSC instead of the previous HDMI converter.

Everything is running fine with a few tweaks except for the MVS. The OSSC is displaying the MVS as connected but the Sony TV is displaying unsupported format.

I've tried a few setting changes, including the OSSC recommendations, but as the OSSC can see the MVS I'm assuming the TV just doesnt like the OSSC output.

What can i try on the OSSC output to fix or should i just run the MVS on the old converter?

Clint.

18 answers to this question

Advantage of using the OSSC VGA input is that it can accept TTL level sync which resolves a lot of issues.

Sony TVs are known to be extra picky with vertical refresh rates, they tend to not play nicely with anything that strays too far from 60Hz, such as Neo and F3.

I made up the neo geo to vga cable correct but the ossc wont sync, haven't changed any settings though, will revisit later. The mvs is on the hdmi converter and I have a bunch of other consoles to mess with first.

Very interesting that the OSSC is registering that it is syncing with the MVS but the TV won’t sync with the OSSC. My only thoughts are to try the line triple/quadruple/x5 modes.

Other than that maybe put up a post on the OSSC forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Update: Had a same issue (Sync on ossc but not on TV) with the Supergun output from CPS2 and Atomiswave.

Ran the OSSC output through a SCART/HDMI converter (that has an HDMI input) and we have picture! The MVS works with this setup also.

The HDMI converter lists a 480p input on signal switch with a narrow black border on the TV, looks good.