Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

2004 Suzuki GSX 1400 Motorcycle for sale or swap for pinball...

For sale or swap is my 2004 Suzuki GSX 1400, big-bore naked sport cruiser.

I've loved this bike and owned it for 8 years or so. A popular line about this bike is "like a Magic Carpet with a rocket up it's arse" - the neutral ride position means you can ride day after day and still feel comfortable when you get off the bike but the motor is why you buy this bike, a stupidly fun overpowered engine that's bigger than most cars these days and the low down torque and accelleration is crazy fun.

Currently unreg after a move. Bike is now in Kianga (Far South Coast NSW, next to Narooma) in excellent mechanical and physical order, esp given 14 years old and done 75000 + k's. These Suzuki motors are so rock solid it's going to go for many more years, average k's per year this bike has done since new is only around 5.5k p/ year. The one blemish is a small ding in the right can from a garage knock when i was walking it out one day. (bonehead) which you can see in the right hand pic.

This K4 model is the last of the 4 into 2 exhausts for the GSX1400, from K5 they went to a single can. (to me the twin cans look and sound much cooler) speaking of which this has a pair of Delkevics but i still have the originals too for rego purposes.

The bike has a brand new rear tyre, only been ridden home 13km from tyre shop and parked. Only thing I have done over the years is put a radiator guard on it and a ventura rack. I bought it about 8 years ago, the previous owner did stuff like small LED indicators, polished the rims, and put aftermarket levers on it. Also has engine crash bars. I've got a small fly headlight screen for it and a sheepskin, both of which i never used, also from the previous owner.

For sale for $6.5k but would consider swap for a DMD pinball for around the same value if it's a title that i'm interested in.

Thanks for looking, ask any questions in the thread or pm me. Click a pic to enlarge.

bike-2.jpg

bike1.jpg

bike4.jpg

bike-3.jpg

bike5.jpg

Edited by Jed

All GSX-1400s are awesome bikes but I always loved the blue and white livery. Such a good looking bike with the chrome pipes and 'big muscles' 1400 sticking out the sides. I'd probably want to progress to say a GSXR750 or something similar first and then onto a big boy like this ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma. But nothing is impossible. I went from a 250 Virago to a CB600 while still on the L's. :018:

All GSX-1400s are awesome bikes but I always loved the blue and white livery. Such a good looking bike with the chrome pipes and 'big muscles' 1400 sticking out the sides. I'd probably want to progress to say a GSXR750 or something similar first and then onto a big boy like this ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma. But nothing is impossible. I went from a 250 Virago to a CB600 while still on the L's. :018:

I'm on a CB500 but the power to weight is way down as I'm a big unit.

Haha- you'll feel like you weigh a kilo when you step up to a GSX1400!
This is true. I've done heaps of two-up touring with my wife on this bike plus both our gear, the bike hardly notices it.

It's a big unit, but it's really well balanced, you can throw it through the twisties once you get accustomed to it. Taken this bike around Tassie a few times and it was brilliant. Probably my favorite place to ride of everywhere.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Mate of mine just sold his. It looked almost the same. His was the last model made. He put in different chip , cost about $70 & just plugged in. FM dead it was a weapon then.

I have its cousin 1200 bandit. Happy with that. It dosent even know me & the girl are on it.

The 1400 has great riding position & is certainly not a hard or out of control thing to ride. But it will go as fast or slow as your right hand makes it go

The other thing about these big bore bikes that someone has probably already mentioned is that once they're moving they don't "weigh" any more than small bikes. Also there's bugger all difference in fuel consumption and lets face it, you don't get into bikes thinking about fuel. You want to ring its bloody neck more than the last time!