Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cataract surgery

Well I can see clearly again. I slowly lost clear vision over the last 10 years with terrible blurred double vision and night blindness. I kept putting off surgery until 12 months ago when I finally couldn't see much at all, only to be told by my private health fund that I had been with for 20 yrs that they would cover me for pregnancy but not cataract surgery. I had to change providers and wait a further 12 months. I had been using glasses like the base of coke bottle to see, but it was like looking through netting curtains, with terrible double vision, making it impossible to read without using a magnifying glass and setting the text size on my phone large enough to see one word at a time.

Last week I finally had surgery on my right eye, Lens replacement. The day after I had the patch removed and had 20/20 vision back. It was an amazing experience going from near blindness to perfect vision. I am due back for my left eye to be done at the end of the month. Already I don't need glasses, and the double vision, and blurry vision is all but gone, as the right eye is now doing all the work. Just a slight imperfection caused by the left eye at the moment.

Sent from my MYA-L02 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Already I don't need glasses, and the double vision, and blurry vision is all but gone,

So now when you look at your line up of games you see you only have half as many as before, and so you need to buy some more right?

I'm in the same boat but not bad enough for surgery yet! If I look at the Moon I see two Moons over lapping each other. Don't know when something will be done about it on Medicare.

My Optometrist said I have a few years to go before they would even look at me.

Congrats. Good on you for shopping around - it does help to change providers IMO they aren't much different from the banks in moving the goal posts.

Regardless of my opinion of medical providers, of all the senses sight is at the top of the list. Amazing what they can do these days.

• 2 weeks later...