Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

$2400 an ok price for an MAME upright?

Just talking to someone who wants to buy one up in Clontarf QLD. Looking at $2400. Looks good and has (Im guessing ) hyperspin setup and a whole bunch of emulators like C64, which he wants. I build my own, so I don't know if it's a good deal or not? He is not interested in building one, which I tried to convince him of the virtues :D

Ultracustom Cabs right?

Personally, I think they are hideous abominations and overpriced.

A lot of people disagree with me and think they look great. I just don't like Widescreen LCDs in cabs and also dislike the giant screens and in your face artwork.

Still, $2400 is very pricey for a MAME cab, but that's around the price most retail places charge.

Just check to make sure whatever software build they are using actually works. So many of these places just dump roms on a drive, don't configure the front end properly and don't even configure the controls. They advertise 30 000+ games and fewer than half of them work. Really shits me when I see that so often.

Yeah I’ve put a few things to him like the fact he’ll be the proud owner of a brazillion mah Jong games :-D. He’s also not interested in building one himself. Although I didn’t think of one of those flat pack jobbies. I know If i were to make one I wouldn’t ask less than two grand but whether that’s fair value or not is another question!

I’ll see if he’ll go for a flat pack jobbie but otherwise say he probably won’t get one much cheaper elsewhere.

Oh and good point on The configuring. Will let himknow he should as about that and if the guy can boil the arcade set down to a thousand or less good games.

Edited by danny_galaga

. Will let himknow he should as about that and if the guy can boil the arcade set down to a thousand or less good games.

He can definitely find them a lot cheaper on eBay

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Arcade-Machine-with-2100-games/302921387330?hash=item4687858d42:g:6ZEAAOSwmrpbnyZ6

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Street-Fighter-Arcade-Machine-with-Over-1000-Games/263992188061?hash=item3d77291c9d:g:ZBYAAOSwq9Rbqbah