Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Getaway HSII build.

I guess this is the right spot to post this project as it isn't home-brew but it will be pretty much assemble from what is available and build/make the rest.

The plan (not well thought out mind you), is to take a cheap unpopulated playfield, clean up and restore as required. Source as many original parts as possible, make up the rest as I go along to end up with a really nice Getaway HSII conversion.

In this case I have a very very badly planked BSD that I was hoping to restore but maybe another day, it has no cabinet either and it smells of possums (sound familiar?).

This will be the basis of the donor something, I can't really call it a machine as it is really just a populated PF.

The cabinet will come from a LAH I have laying around, really cool police lights as a topper too. Will figure out what exactly I will do with these later.

So far I have sourced quite a few HS2 unique parts and I had a complete board-set and transformer laying around (even the super charger board..).

I may end up having to do something about the plastics if I cannot source them for a reasonable price.

I will definitely have to make ALL the lane guides and other metal-work. This should be pretty straight forward as it looks to be a much simpler game than MM and AFM which I previously did all the metal work for.

The only stumbling block is the queue ahead of it, my WCS94 then Big-Guns are next but this may work out as an advantage as I have more opportunities to grab some more parts.

I will try to make this a budget build, what I can make I will just because, and hopefully at the end of the project our club will have another fun game to play.

If anyone can help out with parts, it would be greatly appreciated, if someone in SEQ has a HS2 I can "play with" and take some measurements then that would also be greatly appreciated, some disassembly may be required. :)

I was lucky in the past that a couple of friends I know let me loose on their AFM and MM to remove and measure parts and the end game worked out for all so please don't be shy.

I will do my best to keep this updated with all progress and some pictures, it just won't be for a little bit, nobody like queue jumpers!

Cheers

Paul.

Well, I just returned after picking up the playfield. Lol, I knew it was going to need some work but it in itself will be a big challenge and I was going to post a picture but with the recent post from @Savage ( https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/96470-Gold-standard-pinball-playfield-into-a-finer-example ) I don't think I will... lol.

I will take a few images of it to post a bit later on, but for now I am off to order a dozen inserts that will require replacing, might have to find my airbrush too and clean all the dust off it.

I just have to tell myself "it is going to be an adventure"...

Parts slowly trickling in,

Have some replacement inserts on their way also, will be looking forward to having a crack at the playfield soon, as you can see she's pretty rough.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137713[/ATTACH]

This will keep you busy mate

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 5 weeks later...

A quick update on whats been going on with the build, well more like a gathering..... of parts.

Inserts arrived, were installed and chipped/damaged playfield surface was leveled and scrubbed with magic erasers to clean off dirt and grime.

Getting ready to have a go at a clear coat once the damaged insert art has been removed, to be replaced with new.

The parts that arrived were the rest of the supercharger loop including the magnets.

the up/down ramp entrance (rear right of PF) inc. the complete lift bracket assembly.

super charger covers

traffic light

another super charger driver board.

key start mod (sounded cool).

a heap more plastics to help getting to a complete set.

got a wiring loom from a no-fear.

both slingshot assemblies

complete wpc-89 boardset (actually had a few spare so just went through and tested/repaired as required to get a fully working set).

yet to organize are the lane guides, had a mate of a mate possibly able to loan me a machine to get the dimensions off, but that may not happen.

Will look at other avenues to get this sorted.

Will upload some photos when there is actual progress, no point uploading images of hat looks like a really cool jumble sale.

• 1 month later...

not a lot has happened with this over the break as I have been very busy fixing other people's machines.

Will be using the LAH cabinet I picked up a while ago as the donor cab, love the lights topper that is standard with this as it looks like a nice modern twist.

Did pick up a partially populated HS2 playfield though that will save me having to make extra lamp boards and the lane guides. Always nice to be able to save a little time off the projects. Like with my previous builds I buy what I can when if

1./it is available

2./reasonably priced.

there is no point reinventing the wheel as they say.

the "extra" pf will be here next week and this will allow me to appraise my next steps in the project.

ATTACH=CONFIG]141044[/ATTACH]

IMG_20190106_154739.thumb.jpg.15647d06167b255384ff85724a865e4b.jpg