Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xbox vs Playstation Virtual reality

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)

Cosmos does look good. Hard to find concrete evidence on its specs. Seems like it will initially need to be wired to a PC though, which makes sense as you'd need a beefy graphics card for that resolution. That's always going to be the issue with true wireless independent headsets. The flip-up screen will be handy.

Hopefully the HTC Vive Pro (which has the same resolution as the Cosmos) will drop in price, as I'd love to try it out in one of my car racing motion simulators.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1431 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OzBlackKnight View Post
    Cosmos does look good. Hard to find concrete evidence on its specs. Seems like it will initially need to be wired to a PC though, which makes sense as you'd need a beefy graphics card for that resolution. That's always going to be the issue with true wireless independent headsets. The flip-up screen will be handy.

Hopefully the HTC Vive Pro (which has the same resolution as the Cosmos) will drop in price, as I'd love to try it out in one of my car racing motion simulators.
    Racing is where VR shines I think, especially if you already have a cockpit. Full body immersion. Was blown away by project cars in VR.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Racing is where VR shines I think, especially if you already have a cockpit. Full body immersion. Was blown away by project cars in VR.
    [/URL]
    You really appreciate how steep Bathurst is when going down the mountain in Project CARS with VR.

It's impossible to convey how realistic & immersive some of these VR games can be without experiencing them.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1431 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OzBlackKnight View Post
    You really appreciate how steep Bathurst is when going down the mountain in Project CARS with VR.

It's impossible to convey how realistic & immersive some of these VR games can be without experiencing them.
    I've been around Mt Panorama on my motorbike when passing through, it's a must if you find yourself in the area, even though it has to be at their 60km speed limit.

those downhill corners in the top section of the track before arriving at conrod straight are like falling off a cliff ! Project Cars does an amazing job of recreating it in VR.

but how the guys in the touring cars take those corners at the speeds they do blows my mind !

State
    Poodegrah Vic
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    926 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    Sorry I was busy working and puter broke so had to build another.

I bought my psvr for 2 reasons, firstly to play VR car racing as I already had a racing rig and secondly to play VR Pinball. As I was intrigued when I saw the Occulus PinSim (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Nx5JDpoJooe-j2), I wondered if I could make one for the PS4. I ended up making one (actually @hotty did the making, I just did the artwork at the end). You can view the whole thread here: https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthr...ins?highlight=

It made it's first debut at @Cursed's last November meet and he's asked if I can bring it again this November. So if you wanna see it, come to his meet.

Like others have said, you can't explain VR to someone who hasn't tried it. You just have to try it for yourself.
    The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information