Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Having a break from centigrade and are giving this old girl some attention this week.

Have just put some colour coded Leds under the playfield and installed #47s for others under there.

I have been cleaning rollover contacts and contacts on the slingshots etc.

I didnt like this game at first but now after giving it some wax and It has never played so good. Im really enjoying the add a ball.

Im going to redo the flippers and all new rubbers.

I am also planning on doing a mod to enable the novelty mode 200,000 - 1,000,000 lights so they work in add a ball mode.7eee8eb42124c46729de63539ac9277b.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I want to get these 200,000 -1,000,000 lights to work in add a ball mode. I have read on the net i need to install a stepper to do this. If this is the case I am hoping i can use a smart relay or similar (digital version of a stepper) to achieve this. Unless someone has a stepper i could buy from them.

I think i should be able to just run a wire from my smart relay outputs to each light and when the 100,000s contact closes run this as an input to my controller.

Anyone got any suggestions what type of relay/controller i can use for this?cc8d3c02adb5e29d224f3feba5a55dfe.jpg

Gottlieb Ship Ahoy

Having a break from centigrade and are giving this old girl some attention this week.

Have just put some colour coded Leds under the playfield and installed #47s for others under there.

I have been cleaning rollover contacts and contacts on the slingshots etc.

I didnt like this game at first but now after giving it some wax and It has never played so good. Im really enjoying the add a ball.

Im going to redo the flippers and all new rubbers.

I am also planning on doing a mod to enable the novelty mode 200,000 - 1,000,000 lights so they work in add a ball mode.7eee8eb42124c46729de63539ac9277b.jpg

Nice one I almost bought the replay version Buccaneer but went for the funland instead

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Still tinkering with Ship Ahoy. I have a playfield insert "11" that keeps popping out a few mm. The pinball hits it and drains straight down the guts. Should i glue it in? Or is there a trick to get it to stay down?5865f284086616d25c97a6584b741672.jpg

sit and look at it and work out why its not spinning .. maybe its bent, maybe the gate is bent, maybe the switch isnt right ... use fingers, use eyes, find the source of the friction
I think it must be under the playfield cos it looks ok on top.

I think it must be under the playfield cos it looks ok on top.

There’s not much to them like Doug said just see if something might be a little bent, there’s bugger all to them under the play field just the rod that goes up and down onto the switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have applied a new wax- the mothers brand. Compared to the old one it is easier to apply. I have been told not to wax and just use mr sheen as the ball moves faster. i figure that wax will protect old playfields more than mr sheen. Each to their own2f978beccf3f275f162881afe22a0ffd.jpg

I have applied a new wax- the mothers brand. Compared to the old one it is easier to apply. I have been told not to wax and just use mr sheen as the ball moves faster. i figure that wax will protect old playfields more than mr sheen. Each to their ownhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190324/2f978beccf3f275f162881afe22a0ffd.jpg

I agree that wax is better for the older play fields how did that wax work out for you anyway I still haven’t done mine yet, I’m in the process of getting a few thing powder coated also because I wasn’t happy with how the spray can was turning out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mothers wax was much better to apply. The blitz wax seemed to leave more residue and was dry / flaking everywhere. The ball glides around about the same. I havent removed the old wax just put more on over the top.

The mr sheened pinballs i was playing the other day (including EMs) i have noticed the ball glides very fast. So fast it hits the glass often. The guy said he has used mr sheen for all machines always because it is clean and easy to apply. Not sure how much protection it gives to a non clear coated playfield though.

I am going to order new spinner rod and new decals for spinner. Also a new front door lock, flipper rebuild kit, and a few springs. And i have got the super glue for the insert. Everything else is working really well. Like most EMs play it often to keep all the bits in working order.ff1c1d67745156aee695af2e231ba962.jpg