Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Tapatalk: Android or IOS?

Tapatalk: Android or IOS?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Tapatalk: Android or IOS?

• IOS
    • Android

• Administrators

Bump.

The reason for the poll is to gauge if its worth forking out the 99USD a year fee just for the privilege to put the AA BYO Tapatalk app on the Apple store.

A new version of the android app went up yesterday.

Nope, still broken. Main list has hundreds of unread threads, unread shows just this one.

E.g.

For instance, here's the main screen, at least 3 unread posts, unread tab shows 1. There's dozens of other unread threads.Screenshot_20190305-123829.thumb.jpeg.03e2bfd1d406d7c67c4fd2009213123d.jpeg

I have exactly the same issue as Andrew. Only says 5 unread posts for me. Looks like it only shows the threads that have been updated since last time I used the app (approx 1 hour ago in this instance) . So even if I didn't read 100 threads last time, it assumes I did.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

• Administrators

That's how its suppose to work even on the forum that's why there's a separator "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." in new posts at the top so when you visit the forum and don't read all the new posts/threads those will sit below the above line next visit.

Tapatalk seems to be working in the same way so for me that's normal for example last time i visited the forum 43 minutes ago there was like 20 odd posts unread now there's 8 which matches tapatalk.

So in a nut shell if you don't read the posts they will be removed from unread after a certain time period. It's not an issue its the way they have designed it. Maybe there's an option to stop that behavior and extend the time limit or disable it completely. :unsure

OK. Didn't realise that, it was only 3 or 4 months ago it started doing it on the app for me. Prior to that, it always showed all unread topics, regardless of when you lasted visited the site

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

• Administrators

They must have changed something, being a third party app I don't have any control over what they do.

The AA app is basically a cut down shortcut straight to the forum version of their main app.

I'll have a read on their forums when I get some time to see if there's a way to change it.

Edit: After watching it all morning I can confirm its behavior is matching the forums unread posts. I'll have to find the setting for that and extend it.

Edited by Arcade King

OK. Didn't realise that, it was only 3 or 4 months ago it started doing it on the app for me. Prior to that, it always showed all unread topics, regardless of when you lasted visited the site

Yeah, previously ALL unread threads showed in the app all the time. Now only the unread threads since last time I visited.

So we need to be lodging a bug report to the tapatalk people?

• Administrators

Its not really a bug mate its working as they intended, I'd be willing to bet what it was doing before was a bug. Unread posts works as "post since last visit" because that's what its doing and how the forum works.

For me its ideal because I click on unread posts i read the ones i want to and disregard the rest. What would be the point in keeping a bunch of unread stuff you had no intention of reading :unsure That's what the "New Post" tab is for to the left of unread is for.

Edited by Arcade King

Its not really a bug mate its working as they intended, I'd be willing to bet what it was doing before was a bug. Unread posts works as "post since last visit" because that's what its doing and how the forum works.

For me its ideal because I click on unread posts i read the ones i want to and disregard the rest. What would be the point in keeping a bunch of unread stuff you had no intention of reading :unsure That's what the "New Post" tab is for to the left of unread is for.

That's why you mark them as read? If they are UNREAD you'd expect them to show up in the UNREAD tab. Otherwise it's not the UNREAD tab it's the NEW POSTS section?

I don't understand what changed It worked before for both of us, It now doesn't work for some of us. The point in time I think it happened was the forum upgrade, but I could be wrong.

I don't always have time to go through everything on the forum. I use the unread thing to keep track of the stuff I haven't checked yet. I click the top right corner of the thread to mark it as read when i have decided I don't care about that title. At the moment I'

m fairly time poor so I don't have a change to sit down every days and spend the time hacking through it. Unread used to give me the list of stuff on my phone so I could sift through a few things when I did a shit...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also noticing weird things. Like this thread: https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/95920-Gemini2544-s-3rd-pinball-meet?p=1228675#post1228675

It showed up as unread when I just went to hte new posts list on the website. I've definitely read it. I don't recall if it was via the app or the website, but 100% certain I've seen all the content in it before.

• Administrators

All I know is it works for me. :unsure

The last version of Vbulletin 4 was did nothing more than allow support for PHP 7 and since Tapatalk solely uses the database for post data etc it doesn't make any sense that it would effect Tapatalk.

In 99% of all cases when something broke or changed it was because of Tapatalk itself. All I can tell you is everything is up to date on this end and their app is the latest version.

Tapatalk are constantly changing the way they do things for example all I had to do previously when a new version of the app was available was go into the BYO app section of their site click build and the latest version was submitted to the Google and Apple store. Now you have to submit a support ticket so unknown to me the app version was on the store was out of date for at least 2 versions. It's quite possible that the newer version was changed considerably. This thread is to guage how many people use the IOS app and if its worth forking out $99 US a year just for the privilege to to put a free AA branded app on their store.

Unfortunately its out of my hands. I know its a pain you really need to put a support ticket in when you have time and explain the problem yourself. If you haven't already got it download Tapatalks own app and access AA from that and see if it does the same thing.

Tapatalk was never meant to replace the forum, its just a convenient way to read the site on the go and I only got the BYO version so AA members could access the site easily without sifting through Tapatalks bloatware app.

• Administrators
Apple is such a pain in the bum. I'm trying to create a dev account however I need an Apple device to enable the two step authentication :o

Not to mention requiring iTunes for most other shit. Thank **** their market share has dwindled big time.

Brad