Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Xbox original requires repair/TLC

Is there anyone within the forums or external who fixes original Xbox's?

Background; My console wont read discs anymore unfortunately. It is a bone stock console that was repaired about 6 years ago for the same problem.

Any help appreciated!

Is there anyone within the forums or external who fixes original Xbox's?

Background; My console wont read discs anymore unfortunately. It is a bone stock console that was repaired about 6 years ago for the same problem.

Any help appreciated!

Dirt and dust on the laser. Compressed air in the DVdrive maybe or else pull machine apart, remove DVDrive, pull screws out, remove lid of DVDrive and manually clean the crap off the laser.

- - - Updated - - -

Watching as my Xbox keeps shutting off

interested to know if their are repairmen around for these units

Yours is somewhat harder but still relatively easy to fix.

Absolutely nothing you have done but the finger acids on the Chinese assemblers fingers that assembled your machine originally. This video shows you "exactly" how to repair it.

Yours is somewhat harder but still relatively easy to fix.

Absolutely nothing you have done but the finger acids on the Chinese assemblers fingers that assembled your machine originally. This video shows you "exactly" how to repair it.

What video?

nothing is showing sorry

What video?

nothing is showing sorry

Sorry, my bad....This video. It is referring to trace corrosion.

The problem occurred when the board was handled, flipped over actually on the assembly line prior to the board lacquer being applied. Acid from the worker's fingers got onto the raw copper traces, ( very common to be able to see fingerprints under the lacquer), and this acid over time eats away the traces/ traces. You can often see the damaged traces by eye in that one part of the board the video points to.

To repair, you bridge out the damaged section of trace or traces by following the trace back to the nearest solder point. solder to that solder joint and do the same the other way so your link forms a bridge over the damaged section of trace.

Once done your machine should be fine. If you find no corrosion on these group of traces start looking around the supa capacitor. Get back to me if you need help with that type of repair.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, my bad....This video. It is referring to trace corrosion.

The problem occurred when the board was handled, flipped over actually on the assembly line prior to the board lacquer being applied. Acid from the worker's fingers got onto the raw copper traces, ( very common to be able to see fingerprints under the lacquer), and this acid over time eats away the traces/ traces. You can often see the damaged traces by eye in that one part of the board the video points to.

To repair, you bridge out the damaged section of trace or traces by following the trace back to the nearest solder point. solder to that solder joint and do the same the other way so your link forms a bridge over the damaged section of trace.

Once done your machine should be fine. If you find no corrosion on these group of traces start looking around the supa capacitor. Get back to me if you need help with that type of repair.

Sorry for not replying sooner

the above sounds like what is needed but well above my skills

I'll see about taking it to someone to look at perhaps but thanks again for the reply