Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The history of Outrun arcade documentary

Great video review. Thanks for your efforts.

I've got a Hang On Sit Down (slightly shorter version of the upright with a bench/motorbike seat) cab and would love an Outrun right next to it one day :)

Thanks for sharing the link. :D

No problem glad you enjoyed the video

Great video review. Thanks for your efforts.

I've got a Hang On Sit Down (slightly shorter version of the upright with a bench/motorbike seat) cab and would love an Outrun right next to it one day :)

Thanks for the comment, I always wanted a sitdown unit myself

Fun video, thanks.

I never had the pleasure of playing Outrun in the arcade; saw it a couple of times as a kid in the late 80's at a local bowling alley, but never had a go. My only experience with it was on C64 and its reputation preceded it - it wasn't that great unfortunately. I came to love the soundtrack though - the summer ambience is very nostalgic and fun. Whilst I probably played Powerdrift more overall, I did get Turbo Outrun many years later which helped me to understand more as to why people really celebrated this game.

Random movie trivia: If memory serves, there's an Outrun cabinet which makes an appearance towards the end of the Tom Hanks film "Big"...

Fun video, thanks.

I never had the pleasure of playing Outrun in the arcade; saw it a couple of times as a kid in the late 80's at a local bowling alley, but never had a go. My only experience with it was on C64 and its reputation preceded it - it wasn't that great unfortunately. I came to love the soundtrack though - the summer ambience is very nostalgic and fun. Whilst I probably played Powerdrift more overall, I did get Turbo Outrun many years later which helped me to understand more as to why people really celebrated this game.

Random movie trivia: If memory serves, there's an Outrun cabinet which makes an appearance towards the end of the Tom Hanks film "Big"...

Glad you like it, please subscribe if you haven't already. I've never seen a hydraulic out run in person. I did see a hydraulic power drift once in an arcade in Chicago inThe late 80s. You are right, the Commodore 64 version is terrible but I love the soundtrack. Power drift and Turbo outrun were much better.

Is there a Tron one?

Why don't you check out my channel to find out.

If you would like to request a video, please visit my patreon Page. Each video I produce takes anywhere from 10 to 20 hours of work. Thanks

Fun video, thanks.

Downtown in Adelaide had the Deluxe version that had "rolled" from side to side, I think it was hydraulic.

There was another sit down version that the video shows a shot of and described as non-moving but used motors to "slide" left and right