Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

SEGA SYSTEM-24 with floppy emulator??

Segasonic91

Question

I just bought a Bonanza Bros. board from Japan and wanted to know if anybody has experience with using a floppy emulator drive with it?

There is a multi-board kit which I would like to buy, but I am not sure about just using the BB floppy image with the floppy emulator. Would this work? The BB board has no suicide 68000, so that is one thing I do not have to worry about. I wasn't sure if there is any encryption that would prevent it from working. Trying to dind information about the SYSTEM-24 is rather difficult!

7 answers to this question

Fantastic, thanks! Don't have the board on hand at the moment, still waiting to have it sent. I just hope it has the floppy board as there is no shot of the lower part of the board so it is hard to tell. Plus being Bonanza Bros, it may not even need a floppy drive. Guess I will find out when it arrives. At least there is no goddamed suicide 68000 on that board. One less thing to worry about.

Gotek floppy emulators

The Gotek floppy emulators work fine, they have been tested on S24 - you just need to load the image correctly onto a USB stick

hi.. in ebay have allot of Gotek floppy emulators ..what you prefer ?and how can load the image correctly onto a USB stick ??thanks allot

have a bonanza bros without floppy and a crack down with diskette error..so need 2 floppy to make the job perfect..

thanks allot for your time..

This is quite an old post, but I finally got around to testing this board. Two bad things; the board is not Bonanza Bros. and also has some terrible damage to the board around one of the SEGA chips. The game on the board booted, but the picture was iffy to say the least. The colour was nothing but shades of yellow and what looked like interference lines. Pins on the SEGA chip are lifted and wired elsewhere, but it looks dodgy. I tested in the Blast so I was unable to touch the board to see if it made a difference.

No idea what the hell happened to the board, but it almost looks like acid was dropped on it. The board is black and disfigured.

Bah, now I have to get another SYSTEM-24 board. This thing was a waste of ¥22,000 and that's without postage. I could have bought Shadow Dancer for less!