Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Twilight Zone two balls problem

skindog

Question

5 answers to this question

Check the eddy sensor under the shooter lane. Go into switch edge test and pass a ball over it. Sometimes it's a cold solder joint on the pcb, I think that eddy has something to do with locating the powerball. Have had this problem in the past and a new lead solved the problem so it may have even been the IDC at the end of it. I would have attempted to repair it but the owner just so happened to buy one between visits and that solved that particular problem.

Do you have a dot next to the words FREE PLAY on the display? If yes, which error comes up when you turn the game on then open the coin door? If it's switch 26 (Trough Proximity Sensor), it's the cable as @hotty mentioned.

Or it could be switch 51. You mentioned it happens on ball locks. It's the switch the ball rolls over when you shoot the gumball. This caused havoc in my trough (other end of the machine!!) when it's mounting screw fell out that caused the whole switch to move down when a ball rolled over it instead of just the switch being pushed against the clicky bit.

Basically if there's an issue, you'll most likely have the free play dot. Open the coin door and it will go "ding ding ding" then show all the errors.

Also, the lock switches are 84, 85 and 88.

- - - Updated - - -

Also check out this fix. Sounds like similar issue.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/80982-Fixed-(hopefully)-TZ-ball-trough-issue?p=1002082#post1002082

Do you have a dot next to the words FREE PLAY on the display? If yes, which error comes up when you turn the game on then open the coin door? If it's switch 26 (Trough Proximity Sensor), it's the cable as @hotty mentioned.

Or it could be switch 51. You mentioned it happens on ball locks. It's the switch the ball rolls over when you shoot the gumball. This caused havoc in my trough (other end of the machine!!) when it's mounting screw fell out that caused the whole switch to move down when a ball rolled over it instead of just the switch being pushed against the clicky bit.

Basically if there's an issue, you'll most likely have the free play dot. Open the coin door and it will go "ding ding ding" then show all the errors.

Also, the lock switches are 84, 85 and 88.

- - - Updated - - -

Also check out this fix. Sounds like similar issue.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/80982-Fixed-(hopefully)-TZ-ball-trough-issue?p=1002082#post1002082

Thanks for the help. It was very similar to Mikes problem in the link you put up except mine was the centre trough switch being hindered by the slot and also I think the connecting switch wire may have been holding it down a little. Anyway it’s all working great now so thanks guys.