Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

spining bolt

Looks like pretty tight access,hacksaw might a be a bit hard job.

Dremel or if you got room small angle grinder with a 1.2mm metal cut disk,but a lot of sparx and shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean with the grinder cut the whole head off with nut and bolt,flush wit mounting plate base.

But the hot sparx might do damage to playfield.

I would use the grinder myself and just cover everything up well.

I recently had the exact same issue, this is how I removed it.

1. Remove all the pop bumper parts so you are left with just the plastic housing, bracket and nuts and bolts.

2. Put the assembly in a vice so that one jaw will touch the threaded end the spinning bolt and using a smaller nut than the size of the head of the one in the hex mould, or a socket will work, now close the jaws together.

3. Paying attention, as I'm sure you will, not to tighten the nut too much so that it flattens the thread, but enough to hold the bolt in place. I use aluminium guards.

4. You can now use an opened spanner to undo the nut, if the bolt still turns just tighten the vice a little more.

5. You will find that you can now undo the nut with the bolt remaining still, (keep undoing the nut until it touches the face of the jaw of the vice) enough so you can then remove the assembly from the vice and grab the head of the bolt with a spanner or pliers etc. and off comes the nut, voila!

Hope this helps :)

I recently had the exact same issue, this is how I removed it.

1. Remove all the pop bumper parts so you are left with just the plastic housing, bracket and nuts and bolts.

2. Put the assembly in a vice so that one jaw will touch the threaded end the spinning bolt and using a smaller nut than the size of the head of the one in the hex mould, or a socket will work, now close the jaws together.

3. Paying attention, as I'm sure you will, not to tighten the nut too much so that it flattens the thread, but enough to hold the bolt in place. I use aluminium guards.

4. You can now use an opened spanner to undo the nut, if the bolt still turns just tighten the vice a little more.

5. You will find that you can now undo the nut with the bolt remaining still, (keep undoing the nut until it touches the face of the jaw of the vice) enough so you can then remove the assembly from the vice and grab the head of the bolt with a spanner or pliers etc. and off comes the nut, voila!

Hope this helps :)

did you reuse the old bolt?

use a new bolt?

cut a groove in the old blot?