Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Melbourne 2 player bartop

Hi, new to the forum. I'm reviewing options for a ~21.5inch widescreen 2 player bartop in Melbourne and would love to hear some thoughts.

As a background, I am comfortable with following computer and software setup instructions and after research am happy with sorting out own Pi or Odroid XU4 setups since the hardware is at least uniform and a lot of the legwork already been community driven. Would prefer not to have to fuss too much with PC software setup since the bios, emulators and romsets are super fussy about version number.

I am not comfortable with woodworking/powertools beyond using an impact driver/drill.

I am not comfortable with soldering but don't mind solderless wiring.

I'm after Dreamcast, Atomiswave, Naomi and Taito X1/X2 level performance from a PC, but happy to start with a Raspberry Pi and slowly build the system.

Supergameco

Aussie (Sydney based?). Looks well built. Has pinball butttons, marquee LED toggle, rear internal volume dial, externalized PC power button. Specs not listed on website but it's $2509 for i7 version (NUC7i7BNH) with AOC I2279VWHE 21.5 monitor and graphics package. $80 shipping to Melb. Hyperspin setup is 2TB but missing Naomi/Taito (?). Has atomiswave.

Sporadic email response - hasn't replied about RAM or custom graphics, or with photos of internal accesibility. Price is acceptable for a final complete system+cab but prefer to have dedicated GPU for DX11/OGL stuff. I would hope for a pretty seamless software experience (emulator compatibility and hardware performance notwithstanding) if I'm paying this price for a bartop. This was top of my list until recently.

Width: 500mm, height: 590mm, depth: 350mm.

Pixelparlour Arcade

Cheltenham based. $1299 for 21.5" bartop. Very similar to Alibaba Onemore Guangzhou wide bartop models. Claims to have Sanwa components. I think the controller panel flips up for easy access/servicing. Kinda written them off since there's been zero response after 2 website messages and an email over a number of days.

67×53×68cm, 30kg

Alibaba - Onemore

I like the look of this a lot but worried about Chinese quality and surprise duties. Cost in USD is $350 + significant shipping (!!) = $~1050-1100AUD. They will do custom graphics free (I assume they will just offer it as an option for future customers if it's good). Their sales support is extremely responsive but from some of the communication I'm worried they're confused between the 19 and 21.5 inch models.

Dimensions: 64x50x66cm, 30kg

Ultra Custom Cabs

A bit dissuaded by the recent thread here by Zoltrix. And this other older thread.

Arcadeworx

Australian. Possibility. I prefer more of a light-up type marquee and flatter controller panel, they are quite angled. Are they in Melbourne?

GameRoomSolutions

All in one DIY package with good support. Might have a reputation for sending out slightly wrong parts and then sorting it out after. Previous quality control with the smaller unit bartop (now resolved?) but the 22inch one seems ok. The convenience of a single shop with a complete DIY pack is very appealing. Overseas though so associated import and delivery costs. No dimensions anywhere!!

Haruman Customs (flat pack kit)

Overseas. Good reputation. Lots of options. Plenty of success stories.

Ideally I'd love to see a sample and buy/pickup in Melbourne. Can change the art afterwards with one of those Officeworks printouts.

With apologies to purists, I think I'd like my final result to look a bastardized version of AstroCity

in one of these classic style cabinets. If it looks too weird I'll change to this Wonderboy art from Supergameco.

Are there any other options I haven't considered?

Anyone with experience with above businesses?

Prefer to buy direct from Melbourne ideally.

Many thanks

Thanks, yes it seems bartops are more popular in size-challenged countries. They're a bit cramped for long sessions with 2 adults.

I have a couple of small kids who will be able to enjoy them. I think 19" might be smaller than I'm looking for but I sent you a pm with questions.