Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Lcd screen transfer

Jamie

Question

Looking to fit an lcd screen in my arcade and wanted to use the power ditribition box to supply power to the screen. Wanted to know if this is ok to do and what type of connectors and crimp pins are used in it if anyone can help me here thanks.

Also wanted to know if the distribution box is ok to use to discharge crt tube. 20190221_120836.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G925I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

4 answers to this question

Short answer is yes. The Distro Box puts out 240V.

I ran a LCD screen for my Crusin USA for years. Just matched up the plugs with what was already there (Someone else might know the exact names or type). Bought from Jaycar, and then cut the plug off the kettle cord, wired it in to match what was already there in the cabinet and away it went.

Have also done similar in another cabinet but this time wired up a power board to the new plug for the Distribution box then powered the TV and speakers from the power board. Both worked without issue

I have done it because it is neat and tidy without adding extra power boards inside the cabinet. As in it uses the already wired distribution board and the spare 220V - 240 V plugs on the distribution board

Although as already mentioned if I need to run other things like speakers, I will do this to the power board, again because it is neat :)

20190222_160058.jpg

I have done it because it is neat and tidy without adding extra power boards inside the cabinet. As in it uses the already wired distribution board and the spare 220V - 240 V plugs on the distribution board

Although as already mentioned if I need to run other things like speakers, I will do this to the power board, again because it is neat :)

Seems the way to go. Would have to wire an extra 240 volt power board inside the cab if I was to take that option so would prefer as you have done just use the already existing power distribution box. This was my orginal intention but like to throw it out there just in case there is something that iam not aware of not having done it before.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk