Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Star Trek 25th anniversary restoration

This was some hard restoration.Not so many parts for this machine or very hard to find.But finally made everything as should be.

Before and after

-playfield

Speaker panel grills

-the speaker panel was with BATMAN grills and because these are impossible to find original I needed to made them from my idea.To be easy,to not cost money and to look good.Had grills from WMS,cut them and painted.

Missing wire on the upper right gate

-have many wires so the problems was to find the same one.Lucky found one.

Broken plastics

-two broken and one faded.Didn't want to buy whole not cheap set just for three plastics.So needed to made them by hand.

Not perfect looking like the original but at least to best have it on their places.Used VERALITE 100 2mm.Easy to cut and enough strong.Some Photoshop work and dimensions from the originals.

Up/Down plastic ramp

-usually broken,but mine was total damage with missing flap.No chance to be find in Europe.So once again made my own by hands.Used same plexiglass like the original,I think it was 5mm.

Subway or "the eternal subway"

-call it "the eternal subway" because was glued with very very strong glue.Even this the hole for one of the switche was covered too so I need to cut it and to put new one.Because the glue was very very hard to remove I decided instead two nuts to glue the metal part of the switch to the strong yellow glue of the ramp.Now it is very strong too.

Launch button

-it was put total wrong one.Ordered the original plastic,cut my own hinges,had spare big red buttons and made the inscription on Photoshop.Now it looks like it be.The original microswitch was missing too.Found the dimensions of the original and made my own.

Backbox lamp

-This was the most specific part of everything.

It take me a lot of time to find lamps like the original.In Europe they are some hard to find now because almost everywhere are out of stock because the led.I wanted to look like the original.Some help with the dimensions of the hinge from member here.Cut it and made it.Bought power for the lamp and socket.Also bought and No-Melt Mylar template plastic translite and in front of it put a white paper because without it the lamp can be see on the picture.With the white paper the background is with nice light.

The lamp is Sylvania 13W G23.

There had more but little fixes but these one were the most problematic.

Will post pictures of the final view too.

Thanks to all members that helped me.

Files archive:

https://files.fm/u/8gz5872p

• 2 weeks later...