Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Moving 10 cabs from Qld to Vic

oldbyte

Hi everyone, over the weekend I'm packing up our 10 cabs for the trip from Qld back to Vic. I'm mainly concerned about the cabs with crts. Would you disconnect the neck boards or do anything else ? Or just leave them as they are? I'm using a large well respected moving company to do the whole move so I'm sure they will be will be well wrapped etc. Any advice re moving them would be appreciated.

abandoned-steve-campbell-cottage-2.jpg.61f80ad48a418b5c420754f0c41e9b16.jpg

Insurance sounds good as to the idea of popping off the neck-boards. There's some nasty roads on route that will bounce and rattle the be-jesus out of your game. Make sure the back panels are secure. I had one go loose bashing the neck board, almost wreaking it. :b

Secure, secure, secure... each game. You can't secure enough.

Good luck! :)

That picture above is incredible... it's like from Planet of the Apes or something.

We sent arcades to every state and New Zealand. Back doors coming off isn't uncommon so it become practice to drill a hole beside the backdoor lock and put a screw in. Simple, discrete but very effective. Now the backdoor will never come off unless you undo the screw.

Also check and re-check every chassis is firmly screwed in place. You would be surprised how many sited machines never had the chassis screwed in or were just finger tight and the same goes for tubes after all, a machine just sitting there will never bounce the tube off 4 studs will it?. Put it in a truck and it will though.

Cardboard around all the 4 faces of the machine to form a tube of cardboard and when you receive it, you can see straight away if it has been hit. The cardboard isn't really there to offer much protection, it is there to show if it has come into contact with something and lets you know exactly where to look. Cloth over the machine doesn't do this. Don't write on the cardboard what is inside, just "UP". You would be surprised how many of our machines got unboxed, forced open and played in transit when we "advertised" what was under the cardboard. We were using a major transport company where the machines would be changed from one truck to another and this is where the machines were often being played.

Sorry for the late reply. Things are pretty hectic. 3 x 20 foot containers. (all the household furn, arcades and business equipment) Its going to be a challenge. We are moving from Qld to Heathcote, Vic. We have bought an old historic house built around 1890 on a half an acre. Do we have any members from around here? It would be great to catch up once the dust settles. Thanks again for all the great advice.

As stated by others, I would get inside every cab and check to ensure that literally every part is secure and screwed down properly.

If the neckboard of the cab is very close to the back panel of the cab, I would remove the neckboard and secure it so it doesn't move around. I have one cab where the neckboard is very close and I wouldn't feel comfortable moving it long distances without removing the neckboard. Vibrations do scary things to cabs.

I would also remove all of the gameboards inside the cabs, but that's just me. I am paranoid as all hell. I remove boards for transport and just bring them in the car with me.

• 1 month later...

Hi @poidapoida thanks for your pm. I don't how to attach pics to a pm so I thought I would post here. We are settling in well to our new (old) house.

Hi Pete, Sorry for the late reply. It's great to hear that the Outrunners is being enjoyed. That's exactly what we hoped for. We have been slowly unpacking. We have fired up several cabs and so far they all work. This is a great old Victorian / federation house built around 1890 . Tim has taken over the room that was built as a ballroom for the guests to dance in back in the early 1900's. It is about 6m x 6m so it should be great for all his cabs. It should be awesome once all set up . cheers Ray

DSC03162.thumb.JPG.710e9892e896630791df646d075e6c4b.JPG

DSC03163.thumb.JPG.e0cdc9d9e821cbf8ed025aecf67da661.JPG

DSC03164.thumb.JPG.222b9389c96ddab21deb66fdd73cbcac.JPG

DSC03165.thumb.JPG.28a5d99ab7fdd0a8439d7b14f8c9f56e.JPG

123.jpg.d0e24049425f32227ae1e1c261d0b422.jpg

ballroom.jpg.88bdfb31df9b7c87def6c2f35969690b.jpg

Edited by oldbyte

Thanks @namastepat, Yes it's a beauty. Our decision to buy was partly because of the ballroom and also it's on half an acre with great shedding. This way I can also run our upholstery business from home. Thanks again for your help and advice as well as many other great Qld guys. I will miss you all. cheers

What a cracking home. Ball room you say?? more pics please as I love these beaut older homes.

We don't know a lot about the history of the house yet. Apparently it was owned by the local forestry commissioner, who used it for the local meetings. We are trying to research the property further.:)

Edited by oldbyte

What a cracking home. Ball room you say?? more pics please as I love these beaut older homes.

Here is an older pic of the ball room. It looks better full of arcade cabs .:p

- - - Updated - - -

:lol

Shiiiiiiit. Living large man. That looks one of those heritage listed fancy pants B&Bs you find in the various hinterlands.

Very, very schmick.

But you know what's better? That shed :)

You're right. The shed is awesome. 14m x 7 m . Bugger the business. Let's arcade !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol

image4.thumb.jpg.255fefbedc8eecb9415e7b5b53ad0855.jpg

Im coming to Heathcote from Warragul thisarvo :)

over for the weekend anywhere good in town to go for a meal with the boys ?

We haven't had much of a chance to try too many out. The best pub meals are at the Commercial Hotel. Also the Heathcote Inn has pretty good food .

We haven't had much of a chance to try too many out. The best pub meals are at the Commercial Hotel. Also the Heathcote Inn has pretty good food .

Man its dry over there

I didnt even get a chance to get into town for a meal