Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

System 11 - Factory Setting / Adjustment Failure on boot up

Ive got 2 System 11s which are getting an alert on boot up. One is coming up with a Factory Setting up on turning on & the other, Banzai Run, is getting a "Adjustment Failure" notice.

I can bypass this message on both machines by going into the game menu and doing a full cycle through the whole menu - at that point the game kicks in, however no high scores are saved etc.

Why is this happening? I thought it was battery related & have just swapped the batteries on both machines. I had only been getting the message 1/10 times, but when i swapped the batteries over - I now get it overtime.

Edited by RaoulJuke

Certainly typical of a battery failure. Are you sure the connection is good?

If you leave the machine on for any length of time does this reset come up?

If not then definatley a battery/nvram issue.

Also try reseating the nvram, lost settings on fist reboot, but maybe ok after.

I think Sys 11 are 6116, 6164 but not sure.

Diode failure that is there to stop the batteries from trying to charge when the power is on. Diode fails and you get no power from the batteries to hold the memory. Shows all the same symptoms as dead batteries and happens quite a bit. Diode is listed in the electrical diagrams and is what you check after installing new batteries and then checked the output battery voltage from the battery holder. The next link in the chain is a diode soldered on the board.

Yes definitely not holding its memory sounds like a battery issue

Congratulations on the Grand Lizard great game got any pictures

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade

hey mate, sorry for the late reply - missed your message the first time. stoked to have GL in my collection, played it first time at your houseball & loved it, cant belueve i got one of my own now. wll sort out some pics soon, away at the moment

Sent from my iPad using Aussie Arcade