Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What do people do with their old pinballs

In this day and age I wouldn't throw away anything pinball related. Every old component is getting harder to source and the old school guys will take anything they can get to complete that repair or rebuild. As for other options backboards are cool when displayed well. Playfields can be stripped and mounted on a wall easily and can be dressed up to look awesome with just a set of $10 christmas lights well placed.

I have seen this at the Grotto and it looks Great...

- - - Updated - - -

In this day and age I wouldn't throw away anything pinball related. Every old component is getting harder to source and the old school guys will take anything they can get to complete that repair or rebuild. As for other options backboards are cool when displayed well. Playfields can be stripped and mounted on a wall easily and can be dressed up to look awesome with just a set of $10 christmas lights well placed.

I have seen this at the Grotto and it looks Great...

I think pinball god was referring to the balls & not complete/partial machines

If you are referring to the actual pinballs themselves, I throw them at the local ferrel tom cats for pissing all over my front door mat!

- - - Updated - - -

I just make sure there is no parked car in the background............

I cant say I go through many balls them selves, Most last a very very long time when given a clean from time to time.

So I have maybe 5 balls sitting in a ziplock bag with some Silicon spray coating them. Been there for years.

If kept clean There isnt much need tobe swapping them out very often, They come out of the machine when a bit swirly looking with light scratches, they get a buff and polish and put back in.

I can only think of one occasion where I had a pin that came with unsalvageable rusty balls, those went into the scrap bin.

so majority of the time I really only buy balls is when a pin is missing one or two,

so for that reason I dont have large amounts sitting around.

What do people do with their old pinballs

I keep them got about 20, I want to make a track out of something? So my son can roll them down it.

Had roofing when daughter was young she cried when we had to use the last sheet.

Anyone got ideas what I can use for a track like toy car track or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep them got about 20, I want to make a track out of something? So my son can roll them down it.

Had roofing when daughter was young she cried when we had to use the last sheet.

Anyone got ideas what I can use for a track like toy car track or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not a bad idea.

I keep them all and polish them back up. Very few balls are unsalvageable, I find. I don't think there's ever a reason to throw them out as a session in the tumbler or on a buffing wheel will make them new again.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

with the cost and the freight buy a tumbler and tumble them there is a site on the web NSW based that has all types of media the ceramic pyramids work very well with a run in the walnut as a finish store them in a zip bag in wd40

Does anyone know what that media is in the clip?
Fairly sure that is a metal triangle type in clip notice the tumblr is a large unit the Lyman turbo tumbler one isn't designed for this heavy work Aussie Sapphire .com has a site that has all types of media ceramic triangles are all that's needed and finish with nut shells

Obviously the more worn the balls are the more work needed to bring them back

Sent from my SM-G935F using Aussie Arcade mobile app