Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sharp Image SI-727R-DS Monitor Kaput

WallyWorld

Question

Hello Aussie Arcade Forum persons,

I enjoy repairing pinball and arcade machines as a hobby.

I am working on a Konami Silent Scope shooter.

The monitor chassis is dead and is the Sharp Image SI-727R-DS chassis for which all known schematics are all but non-existent.

On the input side several components looked like they passed 1000 amps before being toasted.

In particular IC801, an 8-pin DIP SMPS or PWM is showing its silicon innards.

Does anyone out there know what it is and which component shorts to cause its untimely demise?

Any help, schematics would be appreciated.

Regards,

Wally.

3 answers to this question

@Jomac is your man. He used to deal with a lot of these chassis before the company stopped selling them.

This is a commonly used repair guide, in case you didn't already find it. https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-monitors/Sharp%20Image%20SI727RDS%20Monitor%20Repair%20Guide.pdf

I would message Joey though, he knows this stuff back to front and inside out.

If you look at the chassis with the focus and screen facing, to the left of the flyback there is a 22K Red Red Orange resistor ( it's in front of the large bipolar 4.7uf 50v cap ) if it is cooked then the chassis is history because the non available flyback will be dead.

If that resistor isn't burnt then it's worth proceeding, the power supply section can blow for all sorts of reasons, the 8 pin IC is a UA3842 , The FET it drives is a 2SK2645 , but if it's blown like you say there will no doubt be a lot of other dead bits that you can only find by measuring everything in that section then everything in the secondary section ( starting with the HOT to see if anything is pulling the supply down.

There are no schematic for this particular model and also keep in mind while I do know these inside out, I dont accept any chassis for repair that someone has attempted to repair.